Martin de Candre

RB73 said:
IanM said:
Well there was an attempt at a group buy, but our man in France got pretty short shrift from them regarding discounts, etc.

Ian

I think it was Badger and Hone that contacted MdC to enquire about being a UK stockist and where told "Non"
Yeah, and I tried a group buy as well and got told to sod off (just like B&H), and I live in France!

HM, you won't find it in CDG airport, I've never even seen it in "normal" shops.. they told me they don't produce enough to have any retailers.

Cheers,

Max

Completely out of curiosity, can anyone of the regular users/owners of this soap comment on how long the 170g jar lasts? I am looking for actual figures or some very close estimates based on long-time users' info. Thanks! :)

Right - I'm back in Blighty after a tour of the fleshpots of Europe... I did find a MdC soap in the "boutique hors taxes mais trop cher" at CDG... as I said to Ollie in the mail, I was delighted to find it, until I read the price on the shelf... €97!!! :eek: (Why not a round ton I don't know?) anyway - that price would seem to be a good a reason as any for the French to dodge soap :lol:

hunnymonster said:
Right - I'm back in Blighty after a tour of the fleshpots of Europe... I did find a MdC soap in the "boutique hors taxes mais trop cher" at CDG... as I said to Ollie in the mail, I was delighted to find it, until I read the price on the shelf... €97!!! :eek: (Why not a round ton I don't know?) anyway - that price would seem to be a good a reason as any for the english to dodge soap :lol:

fix your quote

Rev-O said:
If this stuff is so good and lasts so bloody long why doesn't the next one us who happens to be France buy a single pot of the stuff and divvie it up among as many of us as are interested?

I'd take a 1/4 or 1/8 or even less - presumably it can be melted and put in a nice shallow, flat dish to facilitate good brush swirls.

I don't need a fifty quid soap that will last five years but I'd be interested in a tenner's worth.

Anyone heading over the Channel any time soon?

It is soft enough to scoop out and press into another bowl.I did a group buy a while back and it worked out about 13 quid each if I remember (between 4)

Rev-O said:
If this stuff is so good and lasts so bloody long why doesn't the next one us who happens to be France buy a single pot of the stuff and divvie it up among as many of us as are interested?

I'd take a 1/4 or 1/8 or even less - presumably it can be melted and put in a nice shallow, flat dish to facilitate good brush swirls.

I don't need a fifty quid soap that will last five years but I'd be interested in a tenner's worth.

I expect it's not widely available over there. Would anyone here know whereabouts in France it is available?

Pig Cat said:
Rev-O said:

I expect it's not widely available over there. Would anyone here know whereabouts in France it is available?

Here! So probably closer to some of you then me :D

Max

Hiya,

Man, you guys just do not give up! I make a point of trying NOT to read anything more about this damn soap. Been seeing great reviews for years, but haven't been able to pull the trigger on that little jewel. I'm hoping that Walmart or Target might start carrying it soon, but haven't seen it on their websites yet. Costco would be another option for buying a case of twelve at a time.

There's really only two soaps/creams I'm still interested in trying, with the Martin de Candre being one of em. It sounds so simple, yet so perfect in all the damn reviews.

The other product that intrigues me is that XPEC stuff. Man, that's another item which sounds pretty interesting. Please do not start a thread on that one.

Anyway, I would ask that all you foreign enabling bastards please stop posting about how great this stuff is. I KNOW that..........sheesh.

Please excuse my venting......I feel better somehow,

Martin

Oh....heh, I looked over my post and there's a typo in that line containing the word 'foreign'. It should read " Foreign yet friendly empathetic kindred spirits". Glad I caught that.

Back
Top Bottom