Martin de Candre

Audiolab has pretty much summed this soap up, all I can really add or change is.

A lot of Lavender containing soaps and creams can cause me facial irritation, this doesn’t.

If we’re talking FRENCH soaps, Institut Karite has this equalled.

Spot on Audio, I have used it 3 times now and find it lathers very easily, nice and thick with good cushion and lubrication.I find the scent very pleasant but I do like lavender.I think the high price is off putting for most people (hence the group buy) but if you look at the actual price of the soap then it is worth buying, it looks like it will last a long time.The delivery charge is what rockets the price and for me it is excessive.Like Audio mentions it would make a nice present for a special occasion, otherwise the best value is to get a group buy going.

It came in a different box to the one you got Fido, the jar is quite similar to the St James Founders Reserve cream

mdcc.jpg

i've just used this from a sample Audio sent me

not impressed at all, don't like the scent and the lather was mince.

ok so your thinking it's me, but i had to rescue my shave with Culmaks soap and i got a good lather from that easily and manage with MWF so i'm blaming the MdC

save your money and get some Boots soap :lol:

or Cade if you feel the need to spend more :roll:

Hmm your technique must be pish. :lol:
Read up on Tony's lathering guides.
Seriously though mine foams as soon as the brush hits it.

hando said:
i've just used this from a sample Audio sent me

not impressed at all, don't like the scent and the lather was mince.

ok so your thinking it's me, but i had to rescue my shave with Culmaks soap and i got a good lather from that easily and manage with MWF so i'm blaming the MdC

save your money and get some Boots soap :lol:

or Cade if you feel the need to spend more :roll:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/user/mantic59?blend=4&ob=4#p/search/6/Dd7Aj9vwrtc[/youtube]

;)

With Hando on the scent (don't mind lavender, but not the additional rosemary/herby/spicy thing).

With Boab on the lather.

Which end of the brush did you use Hando? ;)

to all that mock

FECK OFF

joking aside i'll try a hand lathering with it later

even if i get it to work it still goes in Room 101 with Arko

Thought I'd bring this up again. I can only assume something got lost on dividing up for the group buy.

I've been using my M de C these past three days. Perhaps it's the brushes and/or lathering technique but this soap really performs for me. If you like lavender scent you will love this, the lather is not bettered by any other soap among the wide range I've tried and my skin afterwards feels simply superb. A perfect gift for a special day!

And no, I don't have any shares.

savon-a-raser-1-m.jpg

Just curious, is the lid on the jar of Martin de Candre aluminium or steel. I can get jars like these with aluminium lids, although not sure how many people would be willing to pay the extra cost for both the jar and the postage, as obviously heavier than PET jars which I'm using now. Although I can see that glass would be handier in that it wouldn't be so inclined to move as you rub the brush in it if you weren't holding onto it with the other hand.

Back
Top Bottom