Martin De Candre - Unscented!

Well I have 3 people interested so at the moment I may just order 2 scented ones. They will be sent to you in a zip lock bag squashed flat then in a jiffy bag so I should be able to post them large letter. If more people are interested then I can adjust the order. I will hang fire on placing it until tomorrow.
Edit make that 4, so now it is on.
So far the list is :-
Barlines
NTS
Cootuk
Grubbyears

If it helps with costs, do you want prepaying when your order goes in, otherwise you are going to be £Â£ down for a while seeing as it's not all for yourself.

It is very nice (the lavender one, which I imagine must be the same soap underneath the fragrance). It reminds me of Nanny's, actually, in terms of look, feel and performance.

NotTheStig said:
It is very nice (the lavender one, which I imagine must be the same soap underneath the fragrance). It reminds me of Nanny's, actually, in terms of look, feel and performance.
Wasn't Sharon's French Lavender hard soap influenced by/based on it?

I've now used this for a week: face lathered, bowl lathered; with a dense Simpson's Tulip and a far less dense EJ silver tip. The smell interesting, someone on Shavenook claimed it smelt of burnt rubber - I can see what he's getting at but it's an unkind description! The lather is very, very good: slick, cushioning and softening.

However, does it do anything that Nanny's Silly Soap doesn't? Not for me. It's been a very valuable trial and a massive thank you to MissingSkin for organising this - I don't think I would have otherwise ever given this a go (too expensive to give it a shot plus the shipping and the seemingly complicated ordering would have put me off.) I shall certainly finish the 50g as it a quality product but my next order of soft soap will be with NSS which is easier to order, cheaper and comes in many flavours!

cheers, Paul

Looks like I may have got back here a little late, but just in case, is there any that was looking for a loving home.
Would love to try, having read all your comments.

heroblob said:
Longing to find a shinny Aristocrat for silly money

Whereas I'm longing to find an aristocrat with silly money. Arf, arf. Not really, him indoors does me fine.
I can confirm that my French Lavender scent in both the hard and soft soap I do was intended to be a take on the great MdC. I've just had a sniff of their lavender bath soap which French Blade was kind enough to send me a chunk of some time ago, and not that long ago had a sniff of their lavender soft shaving soap (a smidgeon of which was kindly Pifed to me yonks ago by Fido), and I would say their lavender has a more herby scent to it than my French Lavender - albeit that also has a bit of herbyness to it.
Sorry Heroblob, the smidgeon recently found a good home, or I would have offered it to you.

Back
Top Bottom