Martin de Candre Fougère

Can anybody please explain to me why even though I have six unopened pucks of soap and cream in my wardrobe I have a real hankering to buy another pot of soap that will cost me £46.

Tall_Paul said:
Can anybody please explain to me why even though I have six unopened pucks of soap and cream in my wardrobe I have a real hankering to buy another pot of soap that will cost me £46.

I felt the exact same way yesterday, Paul. Only I went a step further and placed the order!

In fact, I had promised myself the shaving stuff I have here now was all I needed and I'd even sold some extra bits and pieces off. But this new Martin De Candre got me going.

I had a couple of rum and went clean mad after I broke the ice with the soap purchase, buying four brushes and two razors yesterday too.

It's hard to explain, I just don't know where the urge to buy more stuff comes from... :blush:

I am looking forward to everything coming, though, and the main thing is it'll be used so all's well.

Mark

Roefisher said:
Tall_Paul said:

I felt the exact same way yesterday, Paul. Only I went a step further and placed the order!

In fact, I had promised myself the shaving stuff I have here now was all I needed and I'd even sold some extra bits and pieces off. But this new Martin De Candre got me going.

I had a couple of rum and went clean mad after I broke the ice with the soap purchase, buying four brushes and two razors yesterday too.

It's hard to explain, I just don't know where the urge to buy more stuff comes from... :blush:

I am looking forward to everything coming, though, and the main thing is it'll be used so all's well.

Mark

You broke the golden rule of drinking and shaving shopping at the same time. It's a bad combo!

Ordered one last night. MdC is pretty much all I use these days and I was always going to order it. Should sell the rest really. Pricey, but it lasts ages.

Roefisher said:

Mark

I've crumbled as well Mark.

Perhaps I should feel comforted by the fact that I have enough soaps and creams to (I suspect) see my through to my retirement in 25 years time!

Tall_Paul said:
Roefisher said:

Mark

Perhaps I should feel comforted by the fact that I have enough soaps and creams to (I suspect) see my through to my retirement in 25 years time!

I nearly crumbled, but I was saved by the fact that he first batch has sold out and the second batch is not ready for sale until the 13th May, thankfully I have only just taken delivery of my first MdC scented the other week! :blush:

Scott.

Tall_Paul said:

:)

Good stuff, Paul. It's comforting to know we'll never need to buy any more shaving creams or soaps for years, isn't it.... :s

I'm following the tracking on mine and it's about to leave France, all being well, so should be here early next week.

Must keep an eye for reviews on this one...

Mark

PS: I meant to say that I noticed with my last order that the labels on the jar, lid and base have changed from plain paper to a shiny plastic. I'm old fashioned, but I much preferred the original paper packaging as it added a lot of character. Not an important change, obviously, but I enjoyed the little touches like that which helped make it unique from mass produced stuff. Ah well...

Roefisher said:
Tall_Paul said:

Good stuff, Paul. It's comforting to know we'll never need to buy any more shaving creams or soaps for years, isn't it.... :s

I'm following the tracking on mine and it's about to leave France, all being well, so should be here early next week.

Must keep an eye for reviews on this one...

Mark

PS: I meant to say that I noticed with my last order that the labels on the jar, lid and base have changed from plain paper to a shiny plastic. I'm old fashioned, but I much preferred the original paper packaging as it added a lot of character. Not an important change, obviously, but I enjoyed the little touches like that which helped make it unique from mass produced stuff. Ah well...

I placed an order on Wednesday, with exactly the same feelings as you others - why am I buying this, I have in excess of 20 creams and soaps already? I'm going to move some other gear on to justify this purchase, and I am looking forward to getting the MdC - I certainly have high expectations.

Cheers,

Jon

Roefisher said:
I meant to say that I noticed with my last order that the labels on the jar, lid and base have changed from plain paper to a shiny plastic. I'm old fashioned, but I much preferred the original paper packaging as it added a lot of character. Not an important change, obviously, but I enjoyed the little touches like that which helped make it unique from mass produced stuff. Ah well...

I suppose the plastic is less susceptible to deterioration given that your bowl may come in to contact with water, owing to its intended use (in the bathroom, often near a sink, etc).

This soap's on my radar together with the scented. I was telling myself I should order it around my birthday in June for a treat.
As most of you have said why do I feel the urge to order more :huh:
I have enough soaps and creams for 20 plus years of shaving :s and I'm serious there I daren't list all my stock :icon_eek:
I agree ordering when under the influence of alcohol is dangerous for the bank account :icon_evil:

Brian

That parcel shifted quick from France to my door... :)

It's here!

The scent is fantastic. Much deeper and stronger smelling than the Lavender but not overpowering either. The labelling is a lightish green colour with navy blue lettering - it looks nice.

Just by good luck, I got a new brush ready to use for today and what a treat to be trying the Fougère with it later this evening.

Happy days... :blush:

Mark

Roefisher said:
That parcel shifted quick from France to my door... :)

It's here!

The scent is fantastic. Much deeper and stronger smelling than the Lavender but not overpowering either. The labelling is a lightish green colour with navy blue lettering - it looks nice.

Just by good luck, I got a new brush ready to use for today and what a treat to be trying the Fougère with it later this evening.

Happy days... :blush:

Mark

Mine was shipped today. Be fantastic if it was here tomorrow but more likely Monday or Tuesday.

I'll look forward to reading your review.

Just a quick update to say that I shaved with the Fougère yesterday evening.

Nothing much to say other than it shaves every bit as good as the Unscented and Lavender. Similar lathering ability with equally great cushioning and aftershave feeling. Like the other two, no skin irritations or redness which I can take from a lot of fragranced products so that's a relief and, to me, a sign of this soap's quality.

The scent would be richer and deeper than the Lavender, possibly a little old-fashioned for some, but that appeals to me and it will be a looked forward to part of my shaving soap rotation.

Mark

Roefisher said:

Nothing much to say other than it shaves every bit as good as the Unscented and Lavender. Similar lathering ability with equally great cushioning and aftershave feeling. Like the other two, no skin irritations or redness which I can take from a lot of fragranced products so that's a relief and, to me, a sign of this soap's quality.

The scent would be richer and deeper than the Lavender, possibly a little old-fashioned for some, but that appeals to me and it will be a looked forward to part of my shaving soap rotation.

Mark

Mark, your post has only made me more excited and impatient for my parcel francais to arrive..... However, do I need new brush? I'm off to Rome next week, so maybe I can pick up something nice there....

Are there any good French brushes around - Plisson, is that French?

Jon

jds said:
Roefisher said:

Mark

Mark, your post has only made me more excited and impatient for my parcel francais to arrive..... However, do I need new brush? I'm off to Rome next week, so maybe I can pick up something nice there....

Are there any good French brushes around - Plisson, is that French?

Jon

I really hope you like it too, Jon.

Do you need a new brush? Hang on, that's a trick question, isn't it!

:blush:

Mark

Back
Top Bottom