Martin de Candre Fougère

http://www.savonnerie-martin-de-candre.com/index.php?id_product=632&controller=product&id_lang=2

Le Savon à raser en Edition Limitée Fougère
Pour le Lancement du Savon à raser Fougère : MdC se réserve le droit d'accepter au maximun 4 savons à raser Fougère par commande. Tout dépassement ne sera pas honoré et votre compte bancaire re-créditer de la différence. Vous comprendrez que nous voulons favoriser un grand nombre de destinations pour faire le « maximun » d'heureux...

41,00€ for 200g. A tiny bit dearer than their scented and unscented. It's been released as a limited edition with a maximum order - I wonder how much they have in stock given the above quote. Probably best to get your orders in soon if you're interested.

There's been a lot of talk about this over on B&B.
I noticed the MdC Facebook page has been posting a lot recently on this soap, so they might be treading their toes carefully to see how much interest there is. To be honest, I can see this being a regular soap in the not too distant future, although that's just my opinion!!

They sent a sample of the Fougere bathsoap when I ordered normal MdeC shaving soap so if this one has the Fougere smell with the usual shaving soap attributes it will be amazing.

Now then, I like the lather but not the smell of the original, so if this is Fougere 'done well' then Vinny might have a little dabble.

Thank you for the heads-up, Burgundy - much appreciated.

Around a month ago I sent off for my first fragranced MdC soap, the original lavender, and they included a few hand/bath soap samples which included a couple of Fougère pucks. To me, it's a beautifully strong earthy, heavy flower smell which reminds me of the scented dried flower pieces I used to smell around home in the little pots. I was looking forward to this one being made and have been waiting patiently since! All being well, the shaving soap will smell the exact same and should perform as good as my Unscented and Lavender - which are simply brilliant.

I've already got the order in with them so hopefully it'll be here towards the end of next week. Maybe get me back into my shaving routine again... :)

Mark

KLF said:
I order it today, I hope it will cure my soap addiction :D I have no idea what is the smell like but hopefully I will like it.

In the translation it states "fern" so I would expect a fresh, early morning, dewy type scent. I've also ordered it today... anyone able to give any idea of time scale for MdC dispatch to UK?

I'm expecting great things of this and will, more than, likely move some software on to make room.

À bientöt, mes amis

Jon

jds said:
In the translation it states "fern" so I would expect a fresh, early morning, dewy type scent. I've also ordered it today... anyone able to give any idea of time scale for MdC dispatch to UK?

I'm expecting great things of this and will, more than, likely move some software on to make room.

Jon, I ordered the MdC in the wooden bowl back in January/February this year. Delivery to me was less than a week. Sunday to Thursday or Friday IIRC so about 5 working days. The tracking facility is excellent in my opinion. I was checking it every few hours to see if it had landed in Blighty :)

rum said:
jds said:

Jon, I ordered the MdC in the wooden bowl back in January/February this year. Delivery to me was less than a week. Sunday to Thursday or Friday IIRC so about 5 working days. The tracking facility is excellent in my opinion. I was checking it every few hours to see if it had landed in Blighty :)

Thanks. Have to say the ordering was straightforward and simple, so I'm sure no problem with delivery. Looking forward to giving it a whirl

Au revoir...

jds said:
Thanks. Have to say the ordering was straightforward and simple, so I'm sure no problem with delivery. Looking forward to giving it a whirl

Au revoir...

Well please do post back when you get it with a review and lots of pictures :)

Having got a full bowl of it recently, I can't see myself ordering this version any time soon, but in the future, who knows? :)

Well it's funny you say that - I've just made some photography purchases that I hope will enable some decent photos of my shaving gear and also the stuff I want to sell both here and on "the other place". I'll always give TSR first refusal on any shaving related sales, though.

Cheers

Jon

jds said:
Well it's funny you say that - I've just made some photography purchases that I hope will enable some decent photos of my shaving gear and also the stuff I want to sell both here and on "the other place". I'll always give TSR first refusal on any shaving related sales, though.

Thanks, Jon. We all appreciate the gesture!! :)

Back
Top Bottom