March 2021 Acquisitions

Temizel Boar.jpg

A mystery Turkish boar I bought from eBay I think which was branded Temizel, as in the original listing but there's no branding on my model.

The bristle itself seems quite strange, it feels quite plasticy so much so I had to closely examine it to see it's not synthetic but lookng closely some of the bristles are split and there seems to be just the one black bristle.

As for the dimensions of the knot it's around the 22mm by 50mm mark.

I'll be intrigued to how it performs during the shave once it's been given a soak and shampoo.

View attachment 66127

A mystery Turkish boar I bought from eBay I think which was branded Temizel, as in the original listing but there's no branding on my model.

The bristle itself seems quite strange, it feels quite plasticy so much so I had to closely examine it to see it's not synthetic but lookng closely some of the bristles are split and there seems to be just the one black bristle.

As for the dimensions of the knot it's around the 22mm by 50mm mark.

I'll be intrigued to how it performs during the shave once it's been given a soak and shampoo.
From the pic I thought it was synthetic, wet it and smell it, but it was probably bleached, so probably no smell.

So the sun ray came - started cleaning it up with soap and warm water - it tidied up quite nicely. Box is going through cleaning atm so no pics of that - strop itself is in a bit of rough state what wasn’t visible on the fleabay pic. Some blades I’m guessing in unusable state (still will clean them just for fun, maybe with a slight polish from dremel they’ll get to nice state)

@pjgh heres some more pics after one round of cleaning :)

@TobyC some better pics of the razor here :)

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

@Scorpio93

iu

So the sun ray came - started cleaning it up with soap and warm water - it tidied up quite nicely. Box is going through cleaning atm so no pics of that - strop itself is in a bit of rough state what wasn’t visible on the fleabay pic. Some blades I’m guessing in unusable state (still will clean them just for fun, maybe with a slight polish from dremel they’ll get to nice state)

@pjgh heres some more pics after one round of cleaning :)

@TobyC some better pics of the razor here :)

View attachment 66142View attachment 66143View attachment 66144View attachment 66145View attachment 66146

A-ha! You've cleaned it. Miles better! Drop a new GEM blade in and enjoy!

Lovely.

Back
Top Bottom