March 2021 Acquisitions

Some Stirling bath soap samples to try and a puck of vintage English Leather shaving soap
z3fHKbk.jpg

IMG_20210304_192336.jpg
IMG_20210305_140649.jpgIMG_20210309_094947.jpg

The VERO RE isn't exactly shaving related but a solid cologne I got with my Personal Barber box this time around and smells very nice. Just waiting to have an allergic reaction now I've said I like it :LOL:

The Faena balm works very well. it's like applying a pause button on irritation, although I probably rate the free same of their aftershave lotion above it, that I received from agent shave. Would be though as its £5 more to buy ;)

The OSP soap I posted on another thread but so far so good with that. Will be diving in more with those once I finish off my Faena soap.

@pjgh

The blades are worth it for the design artwork on the packet itself!

18 INR for 10 is a budget to mid price blade. The new Gillette Winners in the white pack are 9 INR for a 5 pack.

There are cheaper ones and more expensive ones. The top of the range blade for the Indian market is the Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum at 55 INR for a pack of 10. When I was in India, I bought a few packs of the MIC Gillette Wilkinson Sword for 15 INR for a pack of 5; from what I saw it was the only blades which were intended for consumers, all the others seemed to largely be intended for barbers.

@pjgh

The blades are worth it for the design artwork on the packet itself!

18 INR for 10 is a budget to mid price blade. The new Gillette Winners in the white pack are 9 INR for a 5 pack.

There are cheaper ones and more expensive ones. The top of the range blade for the Indian market is the Gillette 7 O'Clock Super Platinum at 55 INR for a pack of 10. When I was in India, I bought a few packs of the MIC Gillette Wilkinson Sword for 15 INR for a pack of 5; from what I saw it was the only blades which were intended for consumers, all the others seemed to largely be intended for barbers.
Cheers!

Indeed! Awesome packaging :cool:

View attachment 66073
View attachment 66074View attachment 66075

The VERO RE isn't exactly shaving related but a solid cologne I got with my Personal Barber box this time around and smells very nice. Just waiting to have an allergic reaction now I've said I like it :LOL:

The Faena balm works very well. it's like applying a pause button on irritation, although I probably rate the free same of their aftershave lotion above it, that I received from agent shave. Would be though as its £5 more to buy ;)

The OSP soap I posted on another thread but so far so good with that. Will be diving in more with those once I finish off my Faena soap.
IMG_20210309_142624.jpg
Soz, forgot about this one.

Used it for the first time last night. Got too excited, used too much, killed lather and resulted in a worse shave. Most of that is obviously my fault but need to be careful in the future.

It just says "shaving oil" on the front but deffo states "pre-shave oil" on the back but then I guess there probs isn't much difference.

Also, I know I'm being thick but can you edit posts, if so how?

View attachment 66089
Soz, forgot about this one.

Used it for the first time last night. Got too excited, used too much, killed lather and resulted in a worse shave. Most of that is obviously my fault but need to be careful in the future.

It just says "shaving oil" on the front but deffo states "pre-shave oil" on the back but then I guess there probs isn't much difference.

Also, I know I'm being thick but can you edit posts, if so how?
If on mobile, then on left side of your post you should have 3 dots (...) and it drops down to a menu that you have edit option

I did the same with the Pinaud oil. It was like when you drop a bar of soap in a bubble bath and all the bubbles just start to disappear :oops:

Oh definitely ! During the trial in newbie box I fell in love with how it shaves and response they give! Then again, both blackbird and Rockwell 6s I love too with the way they shave haha
And THIS is the reason I have a self-imposed purchase ban until the box arrives. Informed decisions from now on. Well, sometimes......:p

Back
Top Bottom