Mama Bears soaps

simmo3801 said:
I nearly fell over when I realised! It had been bugging me for weeks. It's that sweet musky vanilla type smell. I haven't got the soap out to smell it since this revelation as I put it away for winter use but that's definitely the scent. I have 300 bags, would be quite an expensive PIF......

I really like the Spellbound Woods scent, but your discovery has somewhat put me off it for some reason. :?

simmo3801 said:
I nearly fell over when I realised! It had been bugging me for weeks. It's that sweet musky vanilla type smell. I haven't got the soap out to smell it since this revelation as I put it away for winter use but that's definitely the scent. I have 300 bags, would be quite an expensive PIF......

So you won't have taken Prof Blighty up on his offer to try his new Musk fragrance then! :lol:

Having got over my initial couple of uses I have got used to it now. I say got used to it as opposed to like as such. I can use it but there's something that I don't like about it. I'm not sure if it reminds me of incense or what but it's almost like it tickles my nose!!!!

Just been looking at the mama bears website and if your willing to buy a few it works out quite resonable
3 or 5 pucks work out Inc delivery as £8.30 each

Spoke to them (just got some bay rum) they are concentrating on eBay for the moment and won't be getting the website up anytime soon, which is a shame, but yes they are still trading.

If your looking at buying one (£11.45) then they are best option, 3 or more and a little wait, risk of damage in transit etc, ordering direct is working out at £8.33 each.

Ids said:
Spoke to them (just got some bay rum) they are concentrating on eBay for the moment and won't be getting the website up anytime soon, which is a shame, but yes they are still trading.

If your looking at buying one (£11.45) then they are best option, 3 or more and a little wait, risk of damage in transit etc, ordering direct is working out at £8.33 each.

Hmm, for some reason i always assumed the P&P would be more! Lets face it, it is easy enough to find 3 or more that you want to try too :lol:

I got caught by the trap of assuming it would be more for postage, only went looking to see what other smells were available! It's turning out to be difficult to get it down to less than 5!

I think the only thing it cancels out is a group buy as after postage and packing at this end, b&b would be the cheaper option

I'd imagine to make a profit, £8.30 to buy and import the soap, then postage costs to the customer, then up the cost a bit for profit.

hunnymonster said:
And of course they have to levy VAT which immediately adds 17.5% to the party.

Forgot about that, do you know if thats something you would have to pay importing yourself? or is there a minimum limit before you pay, or like most customs sheer chance if they look at yours or not?

Be careful if you plan on buying a few soaps directly from Mama Bears. If the total value goes over £18 then you have a good chance of getting customs slapped on top. It wouldn't be so bad if customs charges didn't include a flat £8 fee on top of the VAT. Suddenly your £8.30 per soap becomes £12.50 per soap (at 3 soaps). We've got Mama Bears soaps starting from only £9.15 at <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.traditionalshaving.co.uk/mall/departmentpage.cfm/traditionalshaving/_268140/1/Mama-Bears-Soaps" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.traditionalshaving.co.uk/mal ... ears-Soaps</a><!-- m -->.

Back
Top Bottom