Mama Bears soaps

Ids

If anyone uses these soaps can you give me a break down of the fragrances as "spellbound Woods" doesnt give me an indicater of smell!

Also does the almond live up to expectations, I was looking at getting the thrumpers almond soap but was thinking about the mama bears instead.

I'm just looking for ideas for my second soap (palmolive being the first)

The "Almond" in the name of Trumpers and D R Harris soaps is a little misleading as neither smell like Almond.

Trumpers smells like Imperial Leather bath soap and D R Harris smells like Eau De Quinnine so avoid them if you're looking for foody Almond.

Sorry, haven't got a clue about Mamma Bears soaps but most well-known home-made soaps are apparently great.

Ids said:
Thanks Vinny, on a side note which sensor do you use?

It is an Edwin Jagger one with a 'Chatsworth' handle.

product_thumb.php

Check out her website. I don't know if this description makes much sense but hopefully it helps.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://mamabearssoaps.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_12&products_id=182" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://mamabearssoaps.com/index.php?mai ... cts_id=182</a><!-- m -->

:shave

Ids said:
If anyone uses these soaps can you give me a break down of the fragrances as "spellbound Woods" doesnt give me an indicater of smell!

Also does the almond live up to expectations, I was looking at getting the thrumpers almond soap but was thinking about the mama bears instead.

Cocoa butter. Mrs.M has some stuff that she uses after bathing and it smells like the MB's Spellbound Woods. Well, it's something in it that smells the same.

For me, the scent is probably the most outstanding thing about it. I can't really understand the enthusiasm for these soaps, as they're really nothing special.

In fact, PM sent.

Ian

Ids said:

I know its not Almond, but for £6 i think you will really enjoy these once milled into a tub. (just a thought).

<!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://theshavingroom.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=58297#p58297" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?p=58297#p58297</a><!-- l -->

fozz77 said:
Ids said:
I've got a stick of la toja, I haven't quite made my mind up about the scent yet....

Is this in relation to Mamma Bears or Almond?

It was a response to another question, think the thread had wondered abit.

How about Valobra for it's almond scent?

For me Cella is the best Almond smelling soap I've used. It smells completely like marzipan and apart from that is a great lathering soap.

As regards Spellbound Woods it was the first MB soap I ordered from Badger and Hone after reading the desc on MB site. I think from memory it refers to it as a very manly scent. I really wanted something traditional, manly, almost olde english without really knowing what scent that would be. The first time I used spellbound woods it was with a brush I had only used a few times. As I lethered on the soap I had to keep smelling the brush as I thought it was giving off a terrible new brush whiff! However it was the soap. It's a sweet, almost sickly, musky scent with vanilla and sandalwood which got right up my nose. I much preferred Dublin Tweed and Carribbean which are definitely more traditional and what I was after.

In closing after half a dozen uses of spellbound woods I now really like it and I have adjusted to the scent. I think I was maybe not used to the sandalwood and vanilla as I don't have anything else that smells of these. I find MBs soaps very good to use and they lather well with plenty of protective cushioning.

Have you tried Nannys? Or the Soap Alchemist as she may be about to be called? Again a very easy lathering, protective soft soap from a forum member without the outrageous travelling costs!

The shaving soap producer formally know as nannys is certainly on the list.

I'm not a sandalwood fan so spellbound won't be the best way to go.

Cella or valobra it is.

Back
Top Bottom