MAGUIRE'S Barbershop is coming back!

fly3k said:
postage is a bit pricey?

I was contact by Maguire's after my comment above for some feedback. Following this they have said there is now an option for a second class delivery at a reduced price which appeals to me more.

Good to see a company responding to customer feedback.

Needless to say an order will be placed soon, after my wallet has recovered a little.

Hi Jonathan. A comment on your new site - if I want to find aftershaves I can't see them under any of the headings - they are not in the pre/post section which was about as close as I could find. If I search under brands for say, Floid, they appear then - so where are you hiding them?

I noticed tis too, although I have a feeling they were listed more clearly on Saturday (launch day)?
Some great stuff on there and you'll probably get a few quid over me over the next few months; possibly a lot just before Xmas as there are a lot of things I want to try. (Have a crazy urge to buy all the Floid range on there despite them being huge bottles!)

I like the addition of second class post, too.

Actually a Floid aftershave sample pack would be pretty awesome...

Just wanted to say the order that I placed on Saturday arrived today, fairly well packed in bubble wrap and juiify bag. The boxes did get a little battered by the Royal Mail and I would expect maybe better packaging for a fiver but only a minor complaint.

I hope this site and business does keep up the good work and adds more interesting products in te future. I will definitely order again.

Received my package yesterday. Big bottle of Floyd Blue, a tub of Cella and some hair products. All individually bubble wrapped and in a box with polystyrene filler. No complaints about the package and quick delivery. A great first ordering experience.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the positive (and helpful) feedback and comments so far. Just to clarify the postage policy, ALL of our mail goes out signed for, regardless of which option you choose. You will see the option for standard parcels all the time, but where the site recognises you only have small/light items it will give you the option of cheaper delivery. Click that and it's job done.

As to the category question, I've fixed that this morning, you can now search under 3 new headings under the 'Shaving' drop down: Aftershave Balms and Creams, Aftershave Lotions and Colognes, and Alum and Styptic Products.

~ Richard

]i have just made my first purchase with maguires and the package came the day after i ordered it despite getting 2nd class delivery. all items wrapped really well. i will definitely order from here again a+++

the icing on the cake- in the special comments box reserved for instructions for the package, i asked if they could draw a cat with the name tag Nigel. and man did they deliver, im going to cut this out and get it framed.[attachment=8280][attachment=8279][attachment=8280

Attachments

• nigel.jpg
    nigel.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 112
  • nigelpaper.jpg
    nigelpaper.jpg
    281.9 KB · Views: 114
:) Reminds me of this.

razorquest said:
]i have just made my first purchase with maguires and the package came the day after i ordered it despite getting 2nd class delivery. all items wrapped really well. i will definitely order from here again a+++

the icing on the cake- in the special comments box reserved for instructions for the package, i asked if they could draw a cat with the name tag Nigel. and man did they deliver, im going to cut this out and get it framed.[attachment=8280
[/quote]

That's brilliant. I've read similar things being done when ordering dominos pizza online. Haha.

When I went on holiday, they put on an owl show. They had a tiny little barn owl, and for some reason I called it Nigel, and it's stuck in my head now. Heh, that brought that memory back.

Back
Top Bottom