Loose Leaf tea brewing

I'm a Silver Tip Oolong man myself - made in a pot with basket that can be re-used two or maybe three times. No milk for me thank you.

I always use a plain white porcelain mug which seems to make the taste even better.

Here's where I get my supply - great service and a huge choice with lots of background information.

http://www.greysteas.co.uk/index.html

I tried the Darjeeling Goomtree White recently - absolutely beautiful - again no milk required. This needs about 4 minutes brewing but if you fill your pot with hot water before brewing, you'll still end up with a piping hot drink. Like Bechet said already, many of these teas are better with roiling as opposed to boiling water.

Some inSain sburys own label teas state the recommended water temp om the packet. I think its the Kenyan that states the lowest temp. When you consider how high some teas are grown, I suppose it is a "terroir" type brewing/producing thing.
For the price, their Ceylon is a lovely mugful.
love'n'joy
Lloyd

Thanks to this thread I got a sample of four different loose teas from Jings aswell as a infusion mug and a tea caddy .
I must say it has been an eye opener and I am really enjoying the taste of the different teas,something I have never experienced before (even at 50 years old).
Many thanks all
Derrick

Back
Top Bottom