Looking for an inexpensive brush.

So, now it seems i'm already falling in love with trad shaving as a hobby - I need to get sorted out with a half decent brush. I have a synthetic one i got from boots at the moment but it feels crap and I would like something a little nicer.

Sooooo, what would the recommendations be guys? I want something quality, but dont really want to pay the world for it.

Feel free to give any advice or pointers, and if anyone has any for sale through here, please let me know.

Stu.

Thanks for the suggestions. The Simpsons range look really good actually.

Johnus, is there a brand I shopuld look out for? The post didnt point me in any particular direction.

Francorelli said:
There are many good value options out there. It would be easier to recommend if we know your budget - how much do you want to spend?

I would probably say around £25 as a maximum.

Ok , not trying to place an ad for them but I have used them before and have had 2 of their 2$ horse hairs for awhile, months, with no problem.
http://shop.bestshave.net/wooden-handled-shaving-brushes-no6-p-67.html

I've never had a shipping problem , but others may have had slower deliver during their earthquake last year.

I recently ordered a vulfix 2190, a great pure badger brush really cheap, but a little smaller than I'm used to. Here's a thread and where you can get if for about £14
http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=11723

A Vie-Long horsehair brush from Juan at GiftsandCare.com would come in at around that budget and work very well. The Vie-Long horsehair is quite firm but soft at the tips and very smooth feeling.

noobstu said:
So, now it seems i'm already falling in love with trad shaving as a hobby - I need to get sorted out with a half decent brush. I have a synthetic one i got from boots at the moment but it feels crap and I would like something a little nicer.

Sooooo, what would the recommendations be guys? I want something quality, but dont really want to pay the world for it.

Feel free to give any advice or pointers, and if anyone has any for sale through here, please let me know.

Stu.

You could do a lot worse than the Wilkinson Sword bristle brush.

I picked this up for about £6 a year ago when I was caught short, and it now lives in my girlfriend's bathroom cabinet for whenever I go over. It's pleasingly contemporary in design, comfortable to use, and with a proper soak performs great.

Ken T M said:
noobstu said:

Stu.

You could do a lot worse than the Wilkinson Sword bristle brush.

I picked this up for about £6 a year ago when I was caught short, and it now lives in my girlfriend's bathroom cabinet for whenever I go over. It's pleasingly contemporary in design, comfortable to use, and with a proper soak performs great.

its a better brush than no brush, too soft for me buts its not a bad brush

Back
Top Bottom