Looking for a razor blade bank ..

The title says it all. I can't find anything online and don't fancy making one from an empty tin of soup (too large for my cabinet and the wife thinks I'm nuts already!) So just looking for something small and neat. I am currently using a Feather blade bank that I bought on a TSR group buy a long time back.

Thanks all

I use a small jar, I think it used to be a jar of olives or peppers from a deli. I cleaned it up, de-labelled it, dried it out, supeglued the lid on, and cut a slot in the top with a can opener. It looks fine enough and it's small. (Having said that it has 1 year's used blades inside it and there's room for the same again).

I'm sure you're probably looking for something bespoke but it's one option if you get stuck.

Shipwrecked said:
chicken neck said:
The title says it all. I can't find anything online and don't fancy making one from an empty tin of soup (too large for my cabinet and the wife thinks I'm nuts already!) So just looking for something small and neat. I am currently using a Feather blade bank that I bought on a TSR group buy a long time back.

Thanks all

This may help
Regards
Jim

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Used-Blad...=UK_Health_HairRemoval_RL&hash=item4160796240

Hmmm .. not that cheap .. especially with postage.

i just use an altoids tin

(wont let me post a pic from google)

img20120209193213.jpg

img20120209193240.jpg

altoids are a tin of mints i get from morrisons

An empty vitamin pill pot, plastic with a flip-top lid attached. Stick-on label to distinguish 'Used Razor Blades' from vitamin pills (if some of my guests are as daft as they are nosey.......).

Sorry to be dim, but why does a jar need a slot in the lid? I have a small jar and I just open it and drop the blade in. Isn't that safer than manoeuvring the blade into a tiny slot?

Any of the small mint tins would be my way to go- you get mints and the tin. Hmm, caffeinated penguin mints :) Just make sure you relabel- I am covering out goldin syrup tin with razor blade wrappers as we use them- it is fun.

MisterG said:
Sorry to be dim, but why does a jar need a slot in the lid?

Mainly for those with kids in the house, if young hands get hold of the jar at least the lid (glued on) stops fingers getting cut.

MisterG said:
Isn't that safer than manoeuvring the blade into a tiny slot?

It's not really difficult or risky, hold the blade properly, place one end in slot, let go. I've not had an accident yet, I find unwrapping a new blade is the riskier thing to do. (One extremely bad cut 5 months ago).

Re: RE: Looking for a razor blade bank ..

chicken neck said:
Hmmm .. not that cheap .. especially with postage.

Is your current one full? How long has it lasted? I can't imagine mine serving under two years before I need another, and I reckon I can afford a pound every six months on average, all in all.

Back
Top Bottom