London trip -shop recommendations

LeeMaz

Supporter
Supporter
Hi guys, I’m off to London to take the kids as a birthday treat for them, but the wife has booked this on Father’s Day weekend! Now this is a perfect opportunity to go to a actual bricks and mortar shop to grab some shaving gear and grab some gifts for myself without complaint as the wife booked it without realising it was Father’s Day! I’m only likely to be able to squeeze one or two in without too many complaints so I’m looking for recommendations!

The Muhle London store is apparently at Newburgh Street in Soho - https://www.muehle-shaving.co.uk/london-store

Quite why the web and email have "Muhle" spelt "muehle" isn't clear.

Haven't been there for years, but Jermyn Street/Piccadilly/Burlington Arcade used to be where I bought my shirts, ties, shoes and smoking requisites. I had my hair cut at Trumper's, and +1 for Floris. Bond Street was also a great place for (expensive) shopping.

TOBS on Jermyn Street, Harris on Piccadilly, and Trumper on Curzon Street are my must visit haunts when in London. When at TOBS I like to pop into Bates The Hatter next door. Also, a stroll in the Burlington Arcade, across the way from TOBS, is enjoyable: Church’s, Crocket & Jones and House of Cashmere are among my favourite shops. There are many, many other shops in London to enjoy. As Samuel Johnson so eloquently put it, “Sir, when a man grows tired of London, he is tired of life; for there is in London all that life can afford.”

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom