London 2012

After cursing the TV coverage and still coming to terms with ending of the road race I had to shoot off over to Portsmouth for a an 80th birthday party which began with a meal in a hotel. Things got so bad, I concluded they were secretly filming a new version of Fawlty Towers. The evening got worse when we started the party at the host's home afterwards. I made my excuses and left early.

Today has to be better.

Ben starts his Finn Class races.

Well done Lizzie.
Wonderful (stoic) crowd.
But what happened to Lucy? Not mentioned in last 21/2 hours.

After G4S, no doubt this was released hoping Cavendish win would overshadow it.
'Private contractors are to take over the role of looking after the UK's nuclear weapons.'
Also buried(ish) today, Lord Green was a Director of a private swiss bank used by rich Brits to avoid tax (as well as his money-laundering). Good to see he gets free Olympic tickets!!!!

love'n'joy
Lloyd

Hi Jaycey,
Neither.
Unfortunately I'm in bed a lot, and read a few USA front pages, they seem to have a lot of UK tidbits. It's easy to cut and paste their headlines for UK sources! I've been a victim of Govt misinformation and buried policies before. It contributed to my losing my house.
It erks me that both major parties use the vanity of the shrinking middle class to grab our hard won democracy. It is now impossible for anyone to know what any politician stands for, other than greed. A minority party has successfully privatised almost everything bar the risk, and isolated themselves from that risk themselves. I have an Egyptian mate - I fear (as do the Police) a lot of riots, until the middleclass realise the 1% aren't on their side.
Word in the media is that the empty seats are that the fatcats are afraid to be seen, after the Barclays crooks were photographed drinking Bolly at Lords during the LIBOR fuss. It looks like we could have financed the games from ticket sales - but no "kick-back" then.
Living here, I love and admire what so many competitors do, and many judges etc., just a crime that the organisers dont respect the Olympic ideal, but take advantage of those that do.
I was a "monkey in the zoo" in China in 1998. We got minimal sponsorship to compete there, as a "legitimate" way for politicians and CEOs to justify their lavish hospitality when doing business. Our sports money and tax used to subsidize private gain. Never thought I'd see it so blatantly done here.

love'n'joy
Lloyd

Back to the sport - well done to Becky Adlington. She might have "only" taken bronze this tie in the 400m Freestyle, but her time was quicker than her gold medal-winning swim in Beijing. Her favourite event, the 800m Freestyle, is on Friday night.

Sailing coverage is excellent. Easy to follow progress. Ben's on course with a solid start.

Best finish of the day in the men's 100m freestyle relay.

My lawn needs mowing.

Brilliant Becky - another pair of Jimmy Choos methinks.
Ainslee was epic, pulling so hard, it seems cruel to deny him an oar.
I wonder why the ticketing doesn't favour the public, as we were promised it would?
(clue from Wikipedia)
Paul Deighton (born 18 January 1956)[1] is a British investment banker, formerly a partner at Goldman Sachs[2] who studied economics at Cambridge University.[3] Paul Deighton was named as chief executive of the London Organising Committee of the Games (LOCOG) on 19 December 2005.

love'n'joy
Lloyd

Anyone see the womens synchro diving?
Chinese were really perfect. Our pair did us proud.
Shame they've had to refund diving ticket-holders because of "restricted views". You couldn't make it up! The architect gets paid to build a venue for diving, where a lot of seats cant see the diving board!!!! Will they deduct the refunds from his fee? Or do you think we'll be taken for suckers again?
Our bicycle girls were great - so was Lewis Hamilton, where Jake should have stayed. Why say stuff we could all see is b%^lo%^s?

love'n'joy
Lloyd

The French beating the Americans in the 4 X 100 Relay was a cracking race and a real upset. Becky's swim made me raise my arm & cheer:D hell yeah!!
Brilliant.

Our Mens team gymnastic performance was great too, looking forward to the final there.

Back
Top Bottom