L'Occitane Shaving Soap QuestionS

FrankieG said:
The puck I have has quite a distinctive juniper scent, not super strong but far from weak I would say. Could yours be from a bad batch?

My puck was the same. I sold it on here in the end as I found the scent a bit off-puting and the lather dried my face somewhat, but it certainly does the job, and I'm well aware that I'm in a minority in terms of the scent.

Mine is strong enough to enjoy during the shave. In fact, it's the only soap I'm using these days - it's just that good.
Btw, try using it as a soap stick - just rub it onto your whiskers and lather up.

I've never got a really strongly identifiable scent from Cade soap, been using it for 3 years or so and I do enjoy it, but all I get is a pleasant soap smell and a very, very mild hint of something like palm oil, almost coconut. Now I hear it's supposed to be juniper I'll be looking out for that next time round! But yeah it's always been subtle, it's all about the skin feel and the performance with L'Occitane.

The current generation of bowl doesn't oxidise or mark in any way. The one from oh, about 5 years back used to oxidise and turn black but it's not been a problem in years now.

Canuck said:
I've never got a really strongly identifiable scent from Cade soap, been using it for 3 years or so and I do enjoy it, but all I get is a pleasant soap smell and a very, very mild hint of something like palm oil, almost coconut. Now I hear it's supposed to be juniper I'll be looking out for that next time round! But yeah it's always been subtle, it's all about the skin feel and the performance with L'Occitane.

The current generation of bowl doesn't oxidise or mark in any way. The one from oh, about 5 years back used to oxidise and turn black but it's not been a problem in years now.

Thanks. Yes, I guess you're right on both accounts. The bowl I had for a little over a year and no marks developed in that period. I guess housing the soap I got last week should play nice with it too.

Today my shave had more scent to it surprisingly. Maybe it was the first shave the scent was trapped or muted I dunno.. But I did sense Juniper, I wouldn't have known but it reminded me of Penhaligon's Juniper/Gin scent forgot what it's called

ffarouki said:
Canuck said:

Thanks. Yes, I guess you're right on both accounts. The bowl I had for a little over a year and no marks developed in that period. I guess housing the soap I got last week should play nice with it too.

Today my shave had more scent to it surprisingly. Maybe it was the first shave the scent was trapped or muted I dunno.. But I did sense Juniper, I wouldn't have known but it reminded me of Penhaligon's Juniper/Gin scent forgot what it's called

One of my top 3 scents right there "Juniper Sling" ;)

joe mcclaine said:
Admit it,

You finally took the wrapper off din't ya?

Don't be shy, you're not the first.

Did u see my SOTD? Haha

On a serious note, think it needed to air out in its mug and maybe be wetted once maybe..

I'm with Joe M here, in my book very nice and fairly strong scent and very good soap (cheers Vinnny!).

Nice to see old Doge Martini have his orginal avatar pic back, so everyone knows his true mug.

Mikael said:
Nice to see old Doge Martini have his orginal avatar pic back, so everyone knows his true mug.

All right..........it's my favorite Svenskalaaaaander. Hiya doin Unca Mikey.

I won the bet!!! Yep, big G bet me you would never come outta that coma you were in, caused by acute cloudberry poisoning (the usual Swedish culprit). Very glad to see you are not dead.........I am up $5!!!!

You probably remember my annual Easter avatar, and thank you for commenting. It's from when I was a kid, and my parents took me to the Horrible Haunted Easter Bunny Hutch from Hell. I was sitting on the Easter Bunny/Werewolf's lap and just having a great time, as you can see. Bastard kept pinching me.

Happiest Easter Day to you, buddy,

Martini

The same to you, my friend, I'm happy you survived that and so many other Easters as well (a bit surprised too)!

I'm also happy you won the bet, I know how much that kind of money means to you.

Back
Top Bottom