L'Occitane Shaving Soap QuestionS

Decided to buy the puck because I already owned the stainless steel bowl for quite some time. I liked the scent of their cream, so I thought why not?

Umm.. Is it un-scented? I don't believe I have a cold or anything, but it could hardly detect a scent.

So I have done some reading and some people say that its scent strengthens after a few uses.. Is that the case?

What's bothering me is that now it's stuck to its bowl, which I used to use as a scuttle and was very happy with. I don't mind getting rid of the soap later but fear it will in the meantime oxidize the bowl because now I won't be able to wash/dry it like I used to.

ffarouki said:
jaycey said:
Leaving the wrapper on is an easy mistake to make.

joe mcclaine said:
You didn't mention anywhere in your post that you had lathered it.

I thought it sticking to the bowl hints that it's been used. Sorry my bad :)

But is it really that faint of a scent?

I always found the scent fairly strong and one of the best out there.

Juniper and sandalwood.

A real treat.

The bowl won't oxidise, so you shouldn't worry about that.

The scent however I do find quite subtle, I guess it might also depend on what you are used to. In my rotation there are a few pungent soaps - Tabac, FitJar Sandalwood, Tiki Bar soaps, Panna Crema.... despite this I really enjoy reaching for Cade and looking forward to that dry sweet juniper aroma!

ffarouki said:
jaycey said:

joe mcclaine said:

Hi there,

I think the guys are doing some chain jerking in that dry Limey manner, but who knows for sure.

I thought the Cade soap puck had a somewhat mild scent. For something that smells similar (but nicer to my nose), give the DR Harris Marlborough soap a try. Better performance than the Cade too.

Martin

dodgy said:
ffarouki said:
jaycey said:

joe mcclaine said:

Hi there,

I think the guys are doing some chain jerking in that dry Limey manner, but who knows for sure.

I thought the Cade soap puck had a somewhat mild scent. For something that smells similar (but nicer to my nose), give the DR Harris Marlborough soap a try. Better performance than the Cade too.

Martin

Yes, they're very funny.

Thanks will give Dr. Harris a go. I hope I end up liking the Cade eventually though. Must give it another try.

Cade was my first ever shaving soap, a great start to my shaving exploration (after I had taken the wrapper off) It is subtle compared to many of the big hitters that many use like TOBS,Trumpers & Cella etc.
Cade oozes a better quality scent IMO, Juniper & Rosemary...nice.

Ohhh, Dr Harris- Arlington, another one of my faves ;)

FrankieG said:
The puck I have has quite a distinctive juniper scent, not super strong but far from weak I would say. Could yours be from a bad batch?

I'll give it another go and if I still can barely detect any, perhaps. Might take it back to the store.

Back
Top Bottom