L'Occitane cade

I bought a puck of this last weekend, and used it all last week. I didn't see the point of paying for the 'tin', as I already have a redundant bowl to plonk it into. I also bought a tube of the aftershave balm, but I'll write about that in a separate review.

Earlier in the year, I bought a bottle of the Cade a/s, and it is, by far, my favorite smelling splash, so it was only a matter of time before other Cade products were exchanged for some of my income.

The soap is very nice. As most of my current soaps are tallow based, I had to slightly adjust the soap/water ratio, but as the week went on, I caertainly to to grips with it.

It works very well, and I am delighted with it. The only minor gripe is that I would like the scent to be a little stronger, but it's perfectly acceptable as it is. As far as cushion and lubrication are concerned, I couldn't really tell it from my tallow soaps once I got the lather right.

Ian

Can anyone tell me if this is the same / almost similar to Boots puck in the black wrapper? I used a tester of the Cade cologne in a shop today which whilst very nice reminds me of something else I've used previously. I seem to remember reading that the soap was the same as Boots but I'm not sure if that's the smell I'm getting?????

Got some of this for Xmas and at first I had mixed feelings.

Soaked brush and gave it a shake. Whisked on the puck for usual time and transferred to mug. Whipped up with a couple of drops of water for usual time. Result - a rather thin lather but gave a good enough shave.

Second time I whisked on the puck for twice as long to get more soap on the brush. Result being the normal creamy lather I get with all the cheap soaps and creams I normally use - Ingram cream, ARKO, Palmolive stick, Erasmic cream.

I put down the longer time and more soap needed to get a good lather to the fact that this is a vegetable based product.

The shave itself is excellent - very smooth and slick and worked extremely well with my heavy metal ball end Tech and a 7 o'clock Yellow. No dryness or tightness afterwards and that was before balm - can't really say that about the cheapies I use except maybe for the Ingram.

I splashed out on Fidos recommendation and bought the soap and aluminium soap bowl. He was right they are lovely to use. I find the soap lathers very well in no time at all but we live in soft water land. Excellent shaves from this.

And it's nothing like the cheap Boots soap......

The cologne smells lovely too :hungrig

The Cade soap is superb and an absolute doddle to lather (hard water area), not too unreasonably priced either if you buy the refill only. The bowl is also cool as ****.

Worth £3 or £4 quid more than MWF? Possibly. Scent is lighter and not as complex as DRH Marlborough but lather quality surpasses it. Lasts forever and perfect Autumn/Winter soap IMHO and no tallow.

simmo3801 said:
Can anyone tell me if this is the same / almost similar to Boots puck in the black wrapper? I used a tester of the Cade cologne in a shop today which whilst very nice reminds me of something else I've used previously. I seem to remember reading that the soap was the same as Boots but I'm not sure if that's the smell I'm getting?????

as for soap performance, they're damn near twins

Back
Top Bottom