Live eBay links in threads?

sunburyboy93 said:
You can come with me car booting whenever you like, i can guide you, in fact i will hold your hand as we walk round
in%20love%20eyes.png

Will I have to pay an entry fee? :?

I agree with the stopping the posting of live action- turns out it was a typos BUT the silly priced ones can they be left? I dont think anyone here will be bidding £599 on a pink bakalite razor, but gave me a giggle, turns out it was actually a typo, and in this case it being posted here caused the lister to ammend his listing - if that makes sense.

As for holding hands round carboots, the carboots in Wales are SHIT (sorry to the welsh) I do miss living in SE england, first CB at 0700 latest, leave there by 0900 arrive the second 0915, leave there 1130ish head to McD for lunch then hit the afternoon CB's. Then on sunday very similar thing. That was our weekend, the kids loved it and so did we, could get some right crap at bargain crap prices

PC I'll pay your entrance fee if you hold MY hand ;)

Evvaa said:
I agree with the stopping the posting of live action- turns out it was a typos BUT the silly priced ones can they be left? I dont think anyone here will be bidding £599 on a pink bakalite razor, but gave me a giggle, turns out it was actually a typo, and in this case it being posted here caused the lister to ammend his listing - if that makes sense.

As for holding hands round carboots, the carboots in Wales are SHIT (sorry to the welsh) I do miss living in SE england, first CB at 0700 latest, leave there by 0900 arrive the second 0915, leave there 1130ish head to McD for lunch then hit the afternoon CB's. Then on sunday very similar thing. That was our weekend, the kids loved it and so did we, could get some right crap at bargain crap prices

PC I'll pay your entrance fee if you hold MY hand ;)

Lucky that the two i go to have alot of guys there that abviously do house clearance etc, so there is always something to be had shaving related....

i am also lucky to live 2 mins drive from a twice monthly Antiques Fair (the biggest in the UK) so i have more chances than most at finding stuff

Evvaa said:
I do miss living in SE england, first CB at 0700 latest, leave there by 0900 arrive the second 0915, leave there 1130ish head to McD for lunch then hit the afternoon CB's. Then on sunday very similar thing. That was our weekend, the kids loved it and so did we, could get some right crap at bargain crap prices

I'm probably the odd one out in here, but I honestly couldn't think of anything worse!

quattrojames said:
Evvaa said:
I do miss living in SE england, first CB at 0700 latest, leave there by 0900 arrive the second 0915, leave there 1130ish head to McD for lunch then hit the afternoon CB's. Then on sunday very similar thing. That was our weekend, the kids loved it and so did we, could get some right crap at bargain crap prices

I'm probably the odd one out in here, but I honestly couldn't think of anything worse!

No you're not, neither could I! :)

Jeltz said:
moodymick said:
*sigh* we've been here before, but the main culprit fuctoff - meh! round 'n' round it goes :|

Which is why a sticky in the relevant section saying that we don't post live auction links would be a good idea. It may be deemed as a rule or just guidance, but if its there then nobody can get uptight if their thread is taken down and it would probably stop 90% of them being posted in the 1st place.

Agreed. Could someone make this so, I wonder?

Meh.
I spend most of my interweb time on a variety of car related sites where posting of like links is commonplace and not frowned upon - the mantra is every man for himself - though in reality most of us have our peculiarities and tend to look for very specific things, so if i post up a link to a Sherpa I know only a couple of blokes will likely bid, likewise if someone posts up a link to a Bond there is only likely to be me and one other chap interested, and I only know one bloke in the whole universe perverse enough to own a Lance - so probably not the same incitement to riot as say here.

The thing with any auction is have an idea of its worth to you, have a limit and stick to it - wait long enough and there will be another razor (or Villiers over bore cylinder kit) along soon.

Back
Top Bottom