Live eBay links in threads?

I would like to know what the rule is on posting live eBay links?
We all know it's common courtesy not to post links to an ongoing auction, but is this a rule, or just common courtesy?

We all spend time on eBay, often we bid on the same items, but I think it would be nice if people didn't post links everyday to different auctions with their personal opinion on them.

Can we just forgo any posting of live links, and only post once auctions have ended?

I think we all know how eBay works, we don't need pointers, do we now?

Max

Totally agree with Max on this,

Not nice if you are bidding or (getting ready for a SNIPE :oops: :oops: ) and the Auction appears on here...

I think that most of us that trawl the bay for vintage stuff, know how to search and know a good deal from a silly one etc etc without being shown on here by someone else, we will all no doubt still be bidding against other members at some point but at least it may give us a better chance at keeping the price a little more sensible..if we just search ourselves and try to be lucky

steve

I posted one, after the whohar, I just took the link off.

Now I don't post any but I've noticed quite a few People post them all the time.

I'm not sure we need a rule, we don't want to over-regulate either, I just want to raise awareness.
(I think I'm not the only one who gets annoyed, just the first one to openly voice my opinion)

If push comes to shove, I'll be fine with a rule, but this is a "gentlemans forum", n'est pas?

Max

FrenchBlade said:
We all spend time on eBay, often we bid on the same items, but I think it would be nice if people didn't post links everyday to different auctions with their personal opinion on them.

Can we just forgo any posting of live links, and only post once auctions have ended?

Max

What's doin Max,

You mean you actually bid on stuff sometimes? The story I got from Tony was you befriended an old barber with a hoarding OCD that wouldn't quit. After the guy died, you inherited all that shaving crap. Did I not hear that correctly?

Far as posting live auctions, I have an idea for you. It's one that'll avoid any hard feelings for sure! Personally, I'd hate to bid against you and not know it, and this'll take care of that potential problem.

Whenever you're bidding on something(s),post all the auctions you're bidding on, complete with your top price. By doing that, everyone else will hold off on any bidding of their own. Simple yet effective.

My pleasure helping you out here buddy,

Martin

Oh.....a request to the Mods: Is there any sorta emotion thingy that conveys extreme sarcasm? Eyes rolling back in the head sorta thing? Not that I'd use it personally, but I've noticed 1-2 members trying to sneak that weird sarcasm stuff into a post or two.

dodgy said:
Oh.....a request to the Mods: Is there any sorta emotion thingy that conveys extreme sarcasm? Eyes rolling back in the head sorta thing? Not that I'd use it personally, but I've noticed 1-2 members trying to sneak that weird sarcasm stuff into a post or two.

I think that anyone who's read just a fraction of your posts is well aware not to take all your points completely seriously. I assume that's one of the reasons you like it here. :D

Pig Cat said:
I think that anyone who's read just a fraction of your posts is well aware not to take all your points completely seriously. I assume that's one of the reasons you like it here. :D

What's up PC,

Well, I worry about the new guys. They're so serious and innocent and just wanna soak up all that goofy shaving info. Endearing, but easily missled.

Hmmmmm, I wonder why Max hasn't thanked me for my excellent suggestion by now? He's probably thinking that he shoulda thought of that himself.

Yes, Martin, I think it would be a good idea, maybe have a special section, where we all post the items we're bidding on!
Why didn't I think of that! Genius! :idea:

Thanks M! you're a star as usual :p

Max

dodgy said:
Pig Cat said:

Hmmmmm, I wonder why Max hasn't thanked me for my excellent suggestion by now?

Yeah can't think why. I'm going to ask Sunbury if I can go car-booting with him and see if he'll give me first dibs on the bargains he comes up with. Actually, I think there's more chance of getting a truffle forager to reveal his secret haunts. :roll:

moodymick said:
*sigh* we've been here before, but the main culprit fuctoff - meh! round 'n' round it goes :|

Which is why a sticky in the relevant section saying that we don't post live auction links would be a good idea. It may be deemed as a rule or just guidance, but if its there then nobody can get uptight if their thread is taken down and it would probably stop 90% of them being posted in the 1st place.

Pig Cat said:
dodgy said:
Pig Cat said:

Hmmmmm, I wonder why Max hasn't thanked me for my excellent suggestion by now?

Yeah can't think why. I'm going to ask Sunbury if I can go car-booting with him and see if he'll give me first dibs on the bargains he comes up with. Actually, I think there's more chance of getting a truffle forager to reveal his secret haunts. :roll:

You can come with me car booting whenever you like, i can guide you, in fact i will hold your hand as we walk round
in%20love%20eyes.png

sunburyboy93 said:
You can come with me car booting whenever you like, i can guide you, in fact i will hold your hand as we walk round
in%20love%20eyes.png
Might take you up on that offer next time I'm in the UK (not the hand holding part though, you can keep that for PC)
Imagine you and I at carboots.. we'd make a killing! The offer also stands if you're ever down this way!

Max

FrenchBlade said:
sunburyboy93 said:
in%20love%20eyes.png
Might take you up on that offer next time I'm in the UK (not the hand holding part though, you can keep that for PC)
Imagine you and I at carboots.. we'd make a killing! The offer also stands if you're ever down this way!

Max

you are younger and fitter than me, i would have to break on of your legs to stand a chance !! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom