Le Tour

It's going to be a tricky weekend. What with the World Cup football, the Test Match, the Grand Prix, Wimbledon finals and Le Tour in Yorkshire.

Best wishes to those planning to see Le Tour. Make it a spectacle to remember!

I will be down by the Olympic Park cheering them on Monday. Looking forward to another British win in Le Tour this year ;)

Stage 2 looks like a early wake up call for their legs!

I'll not be watching it, I'll be working - hopefully serving the millions their sarnies!

We're based in Elland, and not too far from the route, just before one of the big climbs.

Jebus I hope it's busy or we'll be out of pocket with all the bread we've ordered!!

That'll be the climb out of Greetland on the Elland Bypass, right, over Ainley Top and into Huddersfield? Or the other way round ... not much of a climb coming down the Elland bypass, mind :D

Best of luck for the day. There'll be crowds, that's for certain.

I may well walk along to the nearest vantage point to have a nose. I've not really been caught up with it, but since it's close I might as well roll up and see what the fuss is about.

I can't wait. It's passing about a mile away from my place, albeit it will be in the last 20km on Stage 3 so it will be a case of blink and miss them. I love a bit of cycling. I follow most tours/races but those three weeks in July I am permanently transfixed to the telly.

I'd have loved to have been able to get up North to see it on some of those climbs but I couldn't get the time off work.

It's well worth going to watch even if you are not a fan.

Use to watch it religiously in the past. Then the whole Drug thing came up and kind of ruined it for me.
But think I'll be back watching it just to see the new countryside!!!

Really excited about the Tour. Love it every year but le grand depart being in Yorkshire makes it extra special. A real shame, David Millar, my favourite rider, got dropped at the last minute, and fewer British riders than we've become used to over the last couple of years. Still very excited!

Down to 3 British riders now that Sky have dropped most of their Brits from the squad. It's a real shame as this Tour could have been a fantastic shop window for cycling. I'm sure I remember that Sky's ethos when they set up was about pulling together a squad of British riders. It seems they have lost sight of that.

@Omp - I agree. I think there is room for sentiment in cycling, especially in the case of Sky where the team was set up I think in part as a "British team". Still - one of the Yates lads is riding for Orica Green Edge! Super! I'd also love Brad to have been given a shot as super domestique.

I went into Leeds this afty for the pre presentation procession. Have to say it was a little disappointing. Very long gaps between teams and nary a wave from anyone in the first 8 teams. I left after that. If you've seen one team you've seen 'em all.

I think it could have been much better for the if the teams had all come through in quick succession. Over quicker but much more enjoyable.

HoHum. Off to Harewood House on Saturday for the start, Red Arrows, Royalty, a couple of light ales and to many MAMILs

Not ready for the 5th. Haven't been able to find a Channel here that says that they will be presenting the Live Races. Closest I've come is an NBC App that they want 20$ for. (Free app that I have only shows highlights and race info)
Any ideas on how I can bring it in on the NET???
I do have a UK VPN that should show that I was trying to access from the UK if that's any help???

Johnus said:
Not ready for the 5th. Haven't been able to find a Channel here that says that they will be presenting the Live Races. Closest I've come is an NBC App that they want 20$ for. (Free app that I have only shows highlights and race info)
Any ideas on how I can bring it in on the NET???
I do have a UK VPN that should show that I was trying to access from the UK if that's any help???

it's on ITV4 here (UK)
or try this wiziwig.tv‏

Back
Top Bottom