Kolnisch Wasser aftershave box - German to English Translation

Some more interesting info on this juice. It was popular in the colonies around the time of the American revolution, and when it was originally made, cost the equivalent of 3 months wages for a skilled laborer. Napoleon was said to be a fan, and ordered gallons of the stuff.

I think I once described the scent as "holding oranges in both hands while falling face first into a field of lavender." Sniffing it again, I'll stick with that description. The scent doesn't last very long, like so many other citrus/floral based fragrances. The only reason I still have any left is because my wife doesn't like it.

Lovely description! Actually it's not the sort of scent I gravitate towards, being more into warm oudh, tobacco, tonka, vanilla etc. But I really should get some as it is a classic and I do wear lighter stuff in the warmer months.
It really does smell like 4711, except without the chemical/fake/synthetic undertones. It's not worth the premium price unless you really are into the historical aspect of the fragrance, imo.

I had to try it because I wanted to try something that George Washington, Benjamin Franklin, or Thomas Jefferson probably wore on a regular basis.

Edit: it's not my normal scent profile either. I gravitate towards leather and spice. Ralph Lauren Safari for men is my daily go to, with a bay rum type of aftershave for a base.

Back
Top Bottom