King Cobras

Hiya,

I am not a lawyer but will pretend to be one here. Ok I won't, but it was tempting. Here's how I see things and please let me know if something isn't right.

Seems like jeepie was a cheeky monkey by not mentioning the no discount rule and poor old innocent and trusting Geordie walking into a trap. Brian canceled the sale and refunded the cash with the result being no Cobra for Geordie and some hurt feelings. That right so far?

Now jeepie may be a part of the problem but not the main part for sure. I know if I was in Geordie's shoes I would be pissed. Not so much that the discount didn't work, but that I was denied the option of even buying one at regular price. Seems too much like the insult to injury kinda thing.

The Geordie Shaver said:
Regretfully there is no discount on the King Cobra.
I have cancelled your order, as such your credit card will be refunded in full.

Please buy online again here: http://www.executive-shaving.co.uk/king-cobra-safety-razor.php

Ah well , I haven't got a King after all , I have just received this e mail from Brian and he has cancelled my order , which I can accept

Geordie,

When your order was canceled was it still an option to get the razor at full price? I see now they're sold out but wondered what was up at that earlier time.

Thanks

Martin

dodgy said:
The Geordie Shaver said:
Regretfully there is no discount on the King Cobra.
I have cancelled your order, as such your credit card will be refunded in full.

Please buy online again here: http://www.executive-shaving.co.uk/king-cobra-safety-razor.php

Ah well , I haven't got a King after all , I have just received this e mail from Brian and he has cancelled my order , which I can accept

Geordie,

When your order was canceled was it still an option to get the razor at full price? I see now they're sold out but wondered what was up at that earlier time.

Thanks

Martin

Hiya Martin

Yes the razor was still for sale when Brian cancelled my order , but , if I had left it for any length of time or missed the e mail it could have been a different story .

Can I just say for the record and with my hand on my heart that I was never on any waiting list for the razor and was certainly not made aware that the TSR discount code was not applicable in this instance .

I know that the sum of money involved is not a great amount but for me it is the principal of the matter and the "off handed" cancellation of my order .
To be honest I felt like a criminal when I received his e mail , as though I had done something wrong .

It would seem to me that it would have been fairer to explain that the discount didn't apply for this item and the offer of purchasing at full price.

Of course the buyer could decline it but as they had already wanted to purchase it then it would have been better to at least allow the buyer to purchase at full price before cancelling the order.

I can understand how you felt a little bit put off by it, I think I would feel the same. Not the best customer service, which is a little strange as Executive have always been excellent in my dealings with them.

Gents,
Re: Classic & King Cobra Razors.
The facts are, we emailed the 140 guys on the Cobra waiting list explaining that the Cobra's would be available later that morning.
We explicitly stated that no discounts would be available and that each buyer would be restricted to one Classic Cobra and one King Cobra each. So anyone buying (assuming they read the email) was aware of the two restrictions.
As it is, I've sent a direct message to the guy who used the TSR discount code and had his order cancelled. I have a proposal for him that'll put a smile on his face. Let's be clear, we have grown The Executive Shaving Company by striving to exceed our customers expectations.
It was never our intention to hide the fact we were not allowing discounts on the Cobra's hence the 'heads up' email before they were made available.
Incidentally, the Classic Cobra's sold out in 10 minutes, the last King was sold last night.
We will soon be stocking Mongoose razors, we will announce their arrival on TSR.
Best wishes,
Brian Mulreany
Sales Director
The Executive Shaving Co.

Executive Shaving said:
Gents,
Re: Classic & King Cobra Razors.
The facts are, we emailed the 140 guys on the Cobra waiting list explaining that the Cobra's would be available later that morning.
We explicitly stated that no discounts would be available and that each buyer would be restricted to one Classic Cobra and one King Cobra each. So anyone buying (assuming they read the email) was aware of the two restrictions.
As it is, I've sent a direct message to the guy who used the TSR discount code and had his order cancelled. I have a proposal for him that'll put a smile on his face. Let's be clear, we have grown The Executive Shaving Company by striving to exceed our customers expectations.
It was never our intention to hide the fact we were not allowing discounts on the Cobra's hence the 'heads up' email before they were made available.
Incidentally, the Classic Cobra's sold out in 10 minutes, the last King was sold last night.
We will soon be stocking Mongoose razors, we will announce their arrival on TSR.
Best wishes,
Brian Mulreany
Sales Director
The Executive Shaving Co.

I can confirm that Brian has indeed been in touch and I look forward to speaking to him tomorrow .
I would like to make it abundantly clear that the problem is that I was never on any waiting list and so received no such e mail to make me aware that the TSR code was not applicable in this instance and used it in good faith .
However I am grateful to Brian for offering to rectify the situation .

Back
Top Bottom