Kenneth Grange

Would you say that this looks like a Schick Type O? ;)
USD414898.jpg

I'd say yeah a similar/same form for sure. Could also of course be that dreadful clone by NationWide/eBarbershop. Hard to tell from drawings :) Nice find though - but as far as I know Grange never designed anything for Schick apart from potentially a lady shaver if memory serves me right. Having said that - with Schick and Wilkinson's later ownership structure who knows :)

Last edited:
I'd say yeah a similar/same form for sure. Could also of course be that dreadful clone by NationWide/eBarbershop. Hard to tell from drawings :) Nice find though - but as far as I know Grange never designed anything for Schick apart from potentially a lady shaver if memory serves me right.
Well, they are from a design patent granted to Kenneth Grange and the Warner-Lambert Company (owners of the Schick brand back then) in 1999.
Part of my online patent collection now ↪here.
So your beloved Schick Type O was designed by Kenneth Grange. :D:D
(Not a lot of people know that)

Well, they are from a design patent granted to Kenneth Grange and the Warner-Lambert Company (owners of the Schick brand back then) in 1999.
Part of my online patent collection now ↪here.
So your beloved Schick Type O was designed by Kenneth Grange. :D:D
(Not a lot of people know that)

That makes me very happy seeing that it's my favorite injector razor :D
Now if we could only erase the Wilkinson FlipTop from his razor design history (great look - less great razor) - it would be full of home-runs ;)

Thanks!

I'd say yeah a similar/same form for sure. Could also of course be that dreadful clone by NationWide/eBarbershop. Hard to tell from drawings :) Nice find though - but as far as I know Grange never designed anything for Schick apart from potentially a lady shaver if memory serves me right. Having said that - with Schick and Wilkinson's later ownership structure who knows :)
I'm willing to believe I just got lucky but my O clone from Ebarbershop is fine. Alignment is perfect and there is no movement in the head, which puts it ahead of some of my vintage acquisitions.

I'm willing to believe I just got lucky but my O clone from Ebarbershop is fine. Alignment is perfect and there is no movement in the head, which puts it ahead of some of my vintage acquisitions.
But did it contribute to Kenneth Grange's pension fund? Then again, the Gucci handbag I bought for SWMBO from a street vendor in a small square in Venice seems to work just fine... No I didn't!!

But did it contribute to Kenneth Grange's pension fund? Then again, the Gucci handbag I bought for SWMBO from a street vendor in a small square in Venice seems to work just fine... No I didn't!!
I wasn't making an ethical judgment, only making an observation regarding its shaveworthiness. WL patent would expire next year I guess providing fees have been being paid. Buying a legitimate O on eBay would not do much for that pension either FWIW.

Last edited:
Quite possibly that you got a bad one from eBarb and I got a lemon but side-by-side they shaved like night and day to me. No 'ethical judgement' here :)

I'll refrain from commenting as I'm fairly certain that you're grown up enough to be able to make educated decision on how to spend your money and how to assess value-for-money.

Not quite I understand the comment about 'did it contribute to Grange's pension fund' though. Should people design and make things for free? An especially odd comment as Grange especially has spend his life focusing on designing consumer products that didn't come with any hefty price tags.

Quite possibly that you got a bad one from eBarb and I got a lemon but side-by-side they shaved like night and day to me. No 'ethical judgement' here :)

I'll refrain from commenting as I'm fairly certain that you're grown up enough to be able to make educated decision on how to spend your money and how to assess value-for-money.

Not quite I understand the comment about 'did it contribute to Grange's pension fund' though. Should people design and make things for free? An especially odd comment as Grange especially has spend his life focusing on designing consumer products that didn't come with any hefty price tags.
I was trying to say that a cheap copy would not contribute to his pension fund when it should. Of course he should get paid. And I didn't buy that cheap Gucci knock-off handbag in Venice, I bought her a real bag in London, just not Gucci :D
On the other hand, Schick doesn't make injectors anymore and the design patent had a term of 14 years, so it expired in 2013-ish...
Personally I'll wait until I find a Type O for £5 at a car boot sale. I'm afraid it would have to be a car boot sale in Japan though :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom