January 2017 Aquisitions

I spotted this on amazon and thought it would make a nice handle for my Razorock Hawk, the Hawk works perfectly how it is but after trying it with a heavier handle I liked that too. The whole razor you see below was £16.99 and the handle is stainless steel painted black, it looks like a black Maggard MR5. The razor is sold by manlystuff.ie. as well as on amazon.

Black1.JPG
black2.JPG black3.JPG black4.JPG black5.JPG

Just in
vRWtcF.jpg

gxnPdq.jpg
What razor is that please

Big surprise today. A well-meaning relative, clearly sympathetic to my RAD madness, got this little fellow off the Bay as a late Xmas gift for me. An Ever Ready 1914 (aka the 'Little lather catcher')...been after one for a wee while. A few cosmetic scuffs and brassing on the comb but, aside from that, in reasonable nick, I think.
View attachment 22974
View attachment 22975
View attachment 22976
Awesome! I hope that you will post a SOTD with this soon.

Awesome! I hope that you will post a SOTD with this soon.
Thanks...I was disappointed at first. As we know, these razors were made for wedge shaped blades and the contemporary ones (Gem Personna) can move a bit, as they're slimmer. So my first shave was a bit hit-and-miss. But, with a full shim to increase the width of the ridge end, matters improved. It is, I suppose, what could be called 'aggressive' though. Quite rough on the upper lip; but that was operator error, I reckon.

Hiya,

I retired last month just before Christmas and somehow got a bit of a bonus that I was planning on buying a gently used Harley with. I've had 4 bikes in the past including Harleys and Nortons and Beezers, but nothing for many years now. Looked at a few at some dealerships and realized my motorcycle riding days were behind me....well riding one safely anyway.

So instead I recently acquired a tiny two seater 2008 convertible called a Saturn Sky Redline which most of you never heard of. Got a turbo hooked to a 5 speed tranny and it's pretty fun, plus it's got a LOT more protection than a bike does. Pretty well loaded with options in a dusty blue/gray color with a tan top and just under 33,000 miles. Heck of a kick with the top down, having tried that once so far.

Hah, not that I am trying for feeling younger than my true geezerness or anything......

Martin

Last edited:
Hiya,

I retired last month just before Christmas and somehow got a bit of a bonus that I was planning on buying a gently used Harley with. I've had 4 bikes in the past including Harleys and Nortons and Beezers, but nothing for many years now. Looked at a few at some dealerships and realized my motorcycle riding days were behind me....well riding one safely anyway.

So instead I recently acquired a tiny two seater 2008 convertible called a Saturn Sky which most of you never heard of. Got a turbo hooked to a 5 speed tranny and it's pretty fun, plus it's got a LOT more protection than a bike does. Pretty well loaded with options in a dusty blue/gray color with a tan top and just under 33,000 miles. Heck of a kick with the top down, having tried that once so far.

Hah, not that I am trying for feeling younger than my true geezerness or anything......

Martin
Enjoy your retirement Martin.

Back
Top Bottom