Is Rockwell 6s the best?

1. fat boy with service notches
2. super adjustable
3. all Gillette ttos using the winged head
4. any Gillette 3 piece TECH

Sure they don't have "prestige" but they cost sooo much less and give great shaves.

Someone once posed this question to those who use an actual adjustable razor:

if you only ride the cap, ie only the top cap and blade edge make contact with the face while shaving, they why do you care about having a razor with an adjustable gap, when the gap will not actually have any impact on the shave?

Same can be said about having 6 base plates and one handle, for the same cost you can go out and get half a dozen razors of different styles and so forth..

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure neither of those fine razors are stainless steel.

not stainless, but each one cannot be beaten by the 6s.

and in the world of stainless I would have to agree that the 6s is indeed a novel take on shimming a razor, but still falls short of the fendrihan stainless razor or even the Rocnel half blade razor.

I belive it's the best razor you can get for a reasonable amount of money, period. Yes, it's in the upper price range but it is also an SS and you get three plates and six settings with it. The real value though is in the performance of the razor which for me is unparalleled.
I don't agree its the best value in razors. you can get a large number of various razors and enjoy yourself every mornig in ways you cant with this critter.
While I agree the vintages are generally the best value overall, I am yet to get a satisfactory shave from one. Obviously, YMMV and of course I haven't tried ALL vintages.
...and in the world of stainless I would have to agree that the 6s is indeed a novel take on shimming a razor, but still falls short of the fendrihan stainless razor or even the Rocnel half blade razor.
This may be if your only criteria is getting an SS, but performance wise I find this highly unlikely.

people told me in the past that the tiny little travel tech razors from the 60s were horrid little beasts, last week I used mine for fun. 1.5 pass bbs shave resulted. no nicks, cuts, etc. everyone is different. so I tried it for two days running, same results the following day.

people told me in the past that the tiny little travel tech razors from the 60s were horrid little beasts, last week I used mine for fun. 1.5 pass bbs shave resulted. no nicks, cuts, etc. everyone is different. so I tried it for two days running, same results the following day.

So you used a travel Tech for two days in a row, and now you are an expert on SS razors because "people told me"? This coming from the SO-CALLED wet shaving expert who can't manage to lather Cella?

58753c7c05bdc1feb0b4a0585f558e2c.jpeg

You cannot even keep your fantasies straight. You choose two razors to praise, forgetting that you called one of the designers a lazy intellectual thief, (on this very forum) and the other razor (both of them actually) has been PANNED by somewhere around half of the people who use them.

We already know you dislike Rockwell for some PERCEIVED slight or another. What, you told them they were ignorant about razor design, or accused them of stealing someone else's idea? Like I have said before: they had an idea and got a half a million dollars of crowd funding to make it happen. You claim to have ideas and just bounce around to different forums and hit people up for money. No wonder you are a Ban Magnet.

I can't think of any threads/ posts, not ONE, mind you that have piled on about the 6S. Know why? Because it is a good razor. Done.

You are the perfect example of why forum posting while drunk is a bad idea.

@globalm : Sorry for being a douche, but for how long is TSR going to be the last safe haven for this cloud of utter misery?

So you used a travel Tech for two days in a row, and now you are an expert on SS razors because "people told me"? This coming from the SO-CALLED wet shaving expert who can't manage to lather Cella?

You cannot even keep your fantasies straight. You choose two razors to praise, forgetting that you called one of the designers a lazy intellectual thief, (on this very forum) and the other razor (both of them actually) has been PANNED by somewhere around half of the people who use them.

We already know you dislike Rockwell for some PERCEIVED slight or another. What, you told them they were ignorant about razor design, or accused them of stealing someone else's idea? Like I have said before: they had an idea and got a half a million dollars of crowd funding to make it happen. You claim to have ideas and just bounce around to different forums and hit people up for money. No wonder you are a Ban Magnet.

I can't think of any threads/ posts, not ONE, mind you that have piled on about the 6S. Know why? Because it is a good razor. Done.

@globalm : Sorry for being a douche, but for how long is TSR going to be the last safe haven for this cloud of utter misery?

Well said.

"Best" is a very subjective term. With anything in this hobby, YMMV applies.
I REALLY wanted to be skeptical and write off the 6s as hype, but I got proven very wrong very quickly.
However, my experience with the Rockwell 6s has been stellar. I can't remember ever getting a bad shave with it. Even on its most "aggressive" setting (the R6 plate), it's VERY smooth and controls the blade very well. It's not so much "aggressive" as it is "efficient". The construction is very solid, and they back up their product against any defects. You'd be very hard pressed to find a razor that will combine that level of build quality, performance, adaptability, and price.
I recommend it to anyone who can afford it without any reservation. It's just plain good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did anyone say YMMV? :D I am reading this thread with interest as the 6s has got my attention, but there is almost no way to judge if it will be good for me unless I try one. This seems to happen all the time with wet shaving products, of course, and especially DEs

I'd be shocked and surprised if you're not very satisfied with a 6S.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

His opinion doesn't have to be right, but he does have a right to his opinion.

Back
Top Bottom