Is Rockwell 6s the best?

I'm contemplating about my next high end razor. I have a Ikon x3 and a Progress. Is the stainless steel Rockwell 6s a good addition to my humble den? What are your experiences with that razor in comparison with the other usual suspects, the ATTs and so on?

I took the plunge on a Rockwell 6S a few months back, I don't know about best but it certainly became my daily driver after my first use. Best is personal preference but speaking for myself I would be inclined to say yes.

It's a very good shaver and for me I find it tames almost every blade I have tried, even Feathers which usually tear me up are smooth shavers. For the price it is excellent value for a stainless steel razor.

I tend to use it between setting 2-4 for daily use. Though all settings give a comfortable shave, something I can't say for many adjustable razors. I personally prefer a mild shave. Had zero issues using this razor.

Since I bought this razor, I have used it every day bar last weekend (ikon X3 & 102) and my enjoyment of it has caused me to this my collection down from 30+ just under 10, just can't see myself reaching for many because of the 6S.

I would highly recommend it if you are looking for something of good quality and value, should last a long time and if you don't get on with it, you can easily sell it on.

I've tried dozens of DE razors, but the Rockwell 6S is easily the best I've tried so far. The main reasons:

- 100% stainless steel construction - it's going to last forever.
- 6x adjustability - multiple plates is like having six different razors.

Yes, I would say it's the best one I've tried and probably one of the best overall. In terms of it's value it's probably THE BEST.
Only razors I'd imagine rivaling it would be much more expensive and harder to obtain (ATT, Wolfman etc.). Bear in mind that I haven't tried all those razors but of the ones I have tried (Standard, iKon X3, Fatip, Gillettes...), Rockwell owns them all.

In short, yes. For the money, you're hard pressed to find a better and more versatile SS razor anywhere.

After getting it, I trimmed my DE collection down by 50%. I could easily sell off the rest, because I always use the 6S.

20160604-P6043525.jpg

For me the Rockwell is in the top 3 of my every day razors. That includes a Feather AS-D2, a One Blade and the Rockwell stainless. I have very many razors. Very many! So if that tells you something? Go with it! You will not be disappointed with the Rockwell system(adjustable) razor!

1. fat boy with service notches
2. super adjustable
3. all Gillette ttos using the winged head
4. any Gillette 3 piece TECH

Sure they don't have "prestige" but they cost sooo much less and give great shaves.

Someone once posed this question to those who use an actual adjustable razor:

if you only ride the cap, ie only the top cap and blade edge make contact with the face while shaving, they why do you care about having a razor with an adjustable gap, when the gap will not actually have any impact on the shave?

Same can be said about having 6 base plates and one handle, for the same cost you can go out and get half a dozen razors of different styles and so forth..

I have been thinking of pulling the trigger on one of these for a while. It is certainly excellent value for money and no mistake. Stainless and three plates from 1-6 settings. I can't think of anything else offering such great value for money. It's a bargain.

Back
Top Bottom