Is it possible to have too many razors?

At the minute I'm thinking, yes, after all I can only use one each day. The ones I use regularly are my Merkur 34c (almost daily) and my 1960 Gillette Superspeed, a birth razor, also used frequently. I have a Merkur Futur, bought yonks ago from Connaught, and a Merkur Vision, also purchased a while ago from another member of this fine forum. These are used only occasionally, as is my Gillette Slim. Other razors in my collection are gathering dust, so what to do, hold on to them 'for posterity' or clear the clutter?

I suppose its personal choice. I see many people with a strict rotation, I personal have a bit of more random method but general use 2 or 3 different razors a week.

I'd say if you have certain razors you definitely don't use or like then it makes sense to let someone else enjoy them and you enjoy the cash!

Thinking of having a clear out myself. I pretty much exclusively use my AS-D2 which leaves me with about a dozen dust gatherers. It's easier said than done though. Every time I select one for sale, I can't bring myself to go through with it. I must be a bit of a hoarder/collector at my core

it all depends on mood, time of year, what soap your using at the time and what razor/blade combo it works best with.

Me, I had perfect DE razors until my month of medically needed single edge shaving. since then nothing has well, really jumped out at me and gave me a hug DE wise. only razors I have used since then with regularity have been my 50s tech, and my 60s super speed.
Would be nice to thin the herd, but no one really wants razors at the moment unless its a near mint single ring selling for 5$

1. I've got sentimental Hoffritz razors, couple of Streamlines & a MM . Whilst I've lately been given permission by the Doc to resume wet shaving ( skin condition ) I've had cause to be glad I held on to my EJ89 which is ideal for gentle wtg one pass shaving.
JohnnyO. o
That's a good enough reason never to let go of your razors....good forward planning!

Back
Top Bottom