Is it possible to have too many razors?

I know I don't fall in to the category of being a collector because as with my AS-D2 I sold it because it was no longer getting use, I shave with all my other razors in a rough rotation and enjoy every single one of them, I'm a shaver not a collector and it's the same with my brushes, they all get used, from my omega boar 49 through to my Shavemac's. I've never seen the point in collecting anything that has a use and not using it for what it was made for. No matter how old and rare a razor was I would use it because not to doesn't make sense to me as a non collector. :)

So buy them all and use them all[emoji12]

In all honesty I think you have to separate enjoying shaving with collecting. Collectors buy razors mainly to enjoy owning them, yeah they shave with them but I think it's the owning that they enjoy. I think you can have too many. I often get pangs of guilt for owning what I do. I do not want to become a collector but I enjoy buying myself something now and then.

Well... I collect to use...:rolleyes:

What Razor Nazi police are going to kick my front door in and arrest me for the heinous crime of having too many razors anyway? So I can relax in my bed tonight and so can the rest of us who have more than a hand full of razors. The answer to the question is NO you can not have too many razors, Happy days :)

Last edited:
I can see that point of view. It depends on how often it gets used though. Once a week, once a month or just once/twice a year. I haven't got that many and still end up having to force myself to use certain ones like my ATT slants.

Yes. Lately I've been using only OC razors and my SBs are somehow neglected... Somehow. I know I'll use them again... but... Anyway, they are beautiful...

Unfortunately, of my three sons, two have beards and the other sees shaving as a chore, so it's as quick as he can get it over and done with using multi-blade and canned goo. I sometimes wonder has Mrs H been playing away as they don't seem to have inherited too many of my shaving genes. Anyway, I strongly suspect that when I shuffle off this mortal coil my lovely collection will be making an appearance in the nearest charity shop

How old are you and where do you live? ;)

I have got far too many Ever Ready SE Razors 1912s in different cases [ about 12] , 1914 [4], 1924 [4], Streamline Types [ 7], did not go mad on Injectors though apart from PAL, Injecto Matic [5], Adjustable [3 ], just let one go.

Should really get rid of some, but no one really wants ERs these days, with the Market being flooded with S/S razors.
I have 2 1912s one USA and one English. Great razors.

No. I have about 85 razors, not including straights. They are new, old, vintage, DE and SE. That's because I've been collecting them for 50 years. Over that time, I have got rid of quite a number, particularly injectors, Wilkinson stickies and some nice Gillettes, but that was when I was young and foolish.
Most get used at some time, but I must say I like my new razors (Hone, Rocnel, Barbaros, Rockwell, Single Edge etc.) a lot.
I did at one time have a collection of antique and vintage shaving mugs, which ran into hundreds, and was amassed over years, which I did sell when I moved house.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In answer to the OP, umm.... yes.

If you've got razors you pass over and don't use - lose. razors is for shaving not looking at.
I agree with you, up to a point. However, I must say that I have "gone off" particular razors for a time, only to haul them out, use them and rediscover a liking for them. The only exception to this is my Merkur Futur, which I doubt I'll ever grow to like, short of a miracle, but I will hang on to it; if only to remind myself that I should never buy another one.

Back
Top Bottom