iOS 6

Downloading now on my iPad & iPhone.

Looking forward to trying the new maps with turn by turn navigation provided by TomTom.

Do not disturb. Only numbers you select will be able to contact you.

Better Facebook integration.

Facetime over 3G should be fun...sometimes:)

Clock for the iPad YEAHHHHH!! at last.

Siri update will be amusing for around ohhh 5 seconds:D
Plenty of other improvements I am looking forward to.

2 Days to go before I pick up the new iPhone 5...fan boy me??:D

Just downloaded it on my iPhone 4. Took about 2 hours but got there in the end. Having a wee play with the maps app and its pretty good. Can't use the 3d mode or get voice directions but still better than google maps.
I've just ordered the new 5 too. It's going to be delayed by a couple of weeks for me but still excited.
Quite sad isn't it. :)

Intrigued.

I thought the iphone 5 seemed a bit of a let down. The new connector thing is crazy. Charging £25 for an adaptor, I would have to spend about £75 just to get everything in my house which has an apple dock to be compatible.
I also listen to my iphone at the gym, with it sat in front of me when I'm on the treadmill or bike. With the iphone 5 you can't do this because the headphone socket is on the bottom, meaning you have to lie it on its side, and then the display stops showing whats playing and switches to album artwork instead.
WHY HAVE YOU DONE THIS???
There is no rhyme or reason for either of these things.

So the way I see it the iphone 5 is more money, less compatible with my life, and with a screen that it bigger but the apps all have the wrong resolution so will be "windowed" inside the bigger screen, making the whole thing the same exact size screen as it was before. But in a taller package.

I was holding off upgrading my phone for this, and now I'm dissappointed.
Please tell me why I should be more excited??

cruciate said:
Intrigued.

I thought the iphone 5 seemed a bit of a let down. The new connector thing is crazy. Charging £25 for an adaptor, I would have to spend about £75 just to get everything in my house which has an apple dock to be compatible.
I also listen to my iphone at the gym, with it sat in front of me when I'm on the treadmill or bike. With the iphone 5 you can't do this because the headphone socket is on the bottom, meaning you have to lie it on its side, and then the display stops showing whats playing and switches to album artwork instead.

So the way I see it the iphone 5 is more money, less compatible with my life, and with a screen that it bigger but the apps all have the wrong resolution so will be "windowed" inside the bigger screen, making the whole thing the same exact size screen as it was before. But in a taller package.

I wasn't too sure about the 5 either. After the upgrade there's not too much difference between that and the 4s but my contract on the iPhone 4 ran out 4 months ago and I've been waiting for the 5 to come out. There isn't much difference between the 4s and 5 price wise either so I thought I may as well get the 5.
My wife also has an iPhone and our calendars are synced, I also have an iTunes match subscription so it had to be an iPhone again for me.

My wife has been excited about the new iPhone 5 since the news broke. She's had a 4 for a year and is trying to convince me that I need one 'so we can do Facetime, and stuff'. She is on a two-year contract so she can't upgrade for another year.

I'm due an upgrade in November, by which time there should be enough proper reviews of it to help me make a more informed decision.

Looks a bit big for my tastes though.

I rekon the move of the headphone socket had to be space limitations? Could go Bluetooth.
I'm sure there will be adaptors on ebay for under a fiver within days:)

I must admit I was a little disappointed when I first saw it, I wanted a curvier design. I wanted a 10MP+ camera.
I hope the 5 has a faster shutter speed, the cameras good at static shots but if the subject moves...:icon_rolleyes:

Anyway I will grow to love it and eagerly await it's predecessor:heart::s

Now back to iOS 6..

Maps app looks good so far, don't know how much data it will eat once out on the road? live traffic info too.

I don't know why people are hung up about the dock. It's a 10 year old connector, I've seen so many docks damaged by sound docks etc pins bent.

Air play is fantastic and worth a look, a change was going to happen to the dock to make the necessary size changes. No more bent pins, no more plugging the adaptor in wrong. I admit its not convenient or people who are heavily invested but you can't please everyone all the time or stuff would never change. I do agree that the adaptor price is steep though.

iOS 6 surprising hasn't had any negative effects on my 3GS just have to do my iPad later. Just playing with it now, I think ultimately the updates software and hardware are all about refinement rather than blow your socks off. But the engineering you have to admit is amazing.

cruciate said:
Intrigued.

Upgrade to the iPhone 5 and I will swap you my iPhone 4 for the 5 free of charge :)

Back
Top Bottom