Ingrams to be relaunched

anyone actually tried it yet? how much is it for? cant tell from the pic
No and I never will. No menthol, no Ingram despite what it says on the box. I couldn’t care less if it happened to be the the best shaving cream ever (though from those ingredients, I very much doubt it), if it has no menthol, well, you get the picture.

Ingram’s/Ingram must be around eighty years old as a brand and was a mentholated shaving cream. Whether it started out that way I cannot be certain but for the vast majority of its existence, that’s what it was. So they change it. Biggest forehead slapping, DUH!, ever. You seen those new square wheels? They’m ain’t never gonna catch on…

what a shame. I was looking forward to this coming back. I really liked it, even when it was completely runny.

there are other simple menthol creams (I've got a Palmolive with menthol tube to get to that I hope will be nice) but it was nice to get offline and the scent was simple and clean. I liked it for travel to hot countries.

PaulHFilms on YouTube just made a video using this and looks like it didn't lather at all. guess I won't even be trying it.
What possesses such companies to resurrect a well loved favourite only to leave out the very ingredients that made its name and make it unlatherable to boot? Where’s the sense commercially? Daft, just plain daft. Feckers.

It doesn't lather, it's utter rubbish, trust me I've tried it!

Paul.
We do, sir, we do.

This has been a shit time for old fashioned shave buggers like me: Mitchell’s has become a batch lottery, the new Ingram is worse than crap, a couple of old favourite shave sticks have gone fer a burton and tallow soaps are on the decline everywhere.

Ah well, there always Salter for as long as it lasts, HWF and the fancier stuff like P&B, Wickham and the most excellent Signature. I must be thankful we still have all of that.

Last edited:
I always remember most people buying this stuff aren't comparing it to what's available online or seeing this as a hobby, just walking in and picking up from the two or three options available. maybe at first they'll pick some up but I can't see anyone buying it again if its this completely useless. if I hadn't seen this first I would have got some to try. guessing before long it'll be discontinued again if it doesn't keep selling.

I just wonder how it could pass trials etc and how they could launch it like this. looks like it's instantly apparent that it's unusable.

Back
Top Bottom