Ingrams to be relaunched

Quick! Onto Treasures of Egypt and get some of the good stuff before it's gone!
LOL paul, after seeing your SOTD post with the lord cream, I went and checked out treasures of egypt, and the shocking bit was how clean the ingredents list of all the Egyptian made creams they sell compared to western creams!

LOL paul, after seeing your SOTD post with the lord cream, I went and checked out treasures of egypt, and the shocking bit was how clean the ingredents list of all the Egyptian made creams they sell compared to western creams!

Yeah, there's stuff in the ingredient list above that I've never heard of or seen in other creams. To be fair, Trumpers, et al make really good creams. This is a real shame as Ingrams was a cracking cream ... I think the Egyptian-made reflected the original product. They also did an extra menthol ... if you were so inclined!

So much promise ... and such a let down, eh? @Gairdner
I give it one hrmph! :mad:

giphy.gif

What made it top shelf was how cheap it was for the good quality. You didn't have to spend big money for less of a high-end shaving cream when Ingrams was readily available, and one had to good sense to really enjoy it and appreciate it. It's hard to accept it when a product like that is no longer.
Now that I agree with 100%.

Ingram's was a staple of mine from the late 80s. I recall trips to Brent Cross shopping centre (John Lewis) where occasional shaving re-stocks involved Ingram, Kent shaving soap (which I didn't know, then, was really MWF) and L'Occitane shaving soap refills for the (crusty) aluminium bowl - I don't know if L'Occitane's soap was then called Cade.
I still have some of the Lornamead Ingram. I might snag some of the Egyptian version but, interestingly, none of the ones I've seen mentions lanolin or menthol in the ingredients list. Are they on a par with the original?

Back
Top Bottom