I'm new here

Glad to hear it, enjoy.
Had my first attempt at a shave tonight; struggled to produce another lather but was otherwise very impressed with the experience! Especially given the inexpensive gear I opted for; good stuff!

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Had my first attempt at a shave tonight; struggled to produce another lather but was otherwise very impressed with the experience! Especially given the inexpensive gear I opted for; good stuff!

That's good news. It could be technique or because the brush is new, either way it'll become easier.
Which brush did you plump for?

Being a massive pleb I'm actually really happy with my budget Wilkinson Sword DE, 49p Palmolive and Omega brush; however I'd now like to buy some post shave 'splash' of some sort.

Can anyone recommend the best choice from the high street for someone like me?

Don't mind spending a bit more for something nicer but would be good if the supermarket (or if not, a high street store) stocked it.

You could go the vintage route or.
Wilkinson Sword Classic, or you could order one at Boots for collection for less than a fiver.
I haven't tried an Omega 49 but they're a good brand and about £7 or £8.
So about £13 to as high as you like + 50p for your Palmolive.
Once again many many thanks for the excellent steer; well happy with the results I'm getting for a very minimal layout!

Once again many many thanks for the excellent steer; well happy with the results I'm getting for a very minimal layout!

Glad to hear it's working for you. It shows that traditional shaving can save you money if you stay away from rabbit holes :)

Seems like it's a £50 ish outlay to give it a try, does that seem right? Is there a cheaper way of trying de shaving out?

Yes, buy everything used from Ebay. Lots of bargains to be had and once sterilized it's as good as new and no tax man to feed. Find what you want and see if it's available used. As an aside I only own two new razors all my others are used. You could even put out a want on the forums you should get lots of offers of used gear.

I'd suggest buy the best razor you can afford, even if it means spending most of your current budget.

Blades are relatively cheap, get a brush from Wilkinsons and upgrade in due course.

Good luck and keep us posted on your journey.

Sorry Jon, I may have missed it, but what set up did you go for?

Welcome to TSR! !

Regards

Mark
I got a Wilkinson Sword Classic, a cheap Omega brush and cheap Palmolive shave stick.

So so good for very little money.

Curiously I have no desire to upgrade (beyond buying some better shave cream stuff...)

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I don't know the Wilkinson Classic, I do like Omega brushes (!) and now I know how to use the shave stick (with a brush, I now know).

Your going to get shaves that are at least 20x better than previously.

Spend what you want (carefully....he says) and enjoy shaving!

Whereabouts in the UK are you?

Regards

Mark

Back
Top Bottom