I'm new here

Hello

I've been reading for a while. Now a member!

Just a chap looking for a better way to shave!

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
If your looking for straight razor shaving then I recommend u speak to @Fergiebilly, he will be able to keep u right on what to buy and will probably have some decent ones ready to shave. Don't buy cheap shite off of eBay, it will put you off the whole thing because more than likely u will have a bad time. if de (double edge) shaving then personally I would recommend a merkur 34c as that's what I use and love it, it's very forgiving and won't break the bank.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Thanks both. I'm attempting to grow a beard so I'm shaving the bits around it. A de strikes me as more manageable and less weapon like. I'm terrified by the idea of a straight!

Welcome JonC, you are certainly on the right forum for advise.
If you intend to go on DE shaving and at some point decide the beard has to go, then I would advise getting an adjustable DE in order to find the right combination of efficiency and blade. You dial in 1 and start from there. Once you get the hung of things you can go higher. I would also advise on the Parker Variant as it's among the less expensive but efficient. Another great choice if you are looking for smoothness as well as efficiency is the Rockwell 6C.

Last edited:
Welcome to TSR @JonC

There're good recommendations above.

I would also recommend a Merkur 34C or EJ D89 to get you into DE shaving. The next step is to find a good blade..... that can be more difficult sometimes. Astra, Voshod, Perma Sharp are some of my favourites but you might be suited to something very different :)

Welcome along @JonC to TSR :) There's a plethora of DE choices available to you. How coarse is your beard growth in the areas you wish to keep clean shaven? That would go some way as to helping thin out the possible choices.
I've little to compare with - but I would guess the lighter side of normal! I.e. not very coarse. At the moment I use a terrible multiblade Gillette thing that clogs instantly. I'm really only shaving upper cheeks (face cheeks, I mean) and neck...

I've little to compare with - but I would guess the lighter side of normal! I.e. not very coarse. At the moment I use a terrible multiblade Gillette thing that clogs instantly. I'm really only shaving upper cheeks (face cheeks, I mean) and neck...

In which case, that makes it quite easy :) Avoid the open combs and slantbar razors, stick to something simple like a Merkur 34C or if you want to go old school, a Gillette Tech. Both are very forgiving, mild razors that will more than happily cope with the lighter growth you have :)

Back
Top Bottom