I'm in York

Three of the Micklegate pubs have closed, The Falcon Tap, Brigantes, and Gibsons.
Sheesh, to be fair I moved out of York in 2009 so I shouldn't be too surprised that things might have changed a bit, ah well still plenty of pubs to hit...had to check if the last drop inn was still there and phew, used to like that place.

Railway museum is good.
Aye went there years ago with my young nephew, I'm sure my daughter would probably like it as well, may consider that one for the next visit.

The Market Cat pizza's are great.
Our main reason for going there @Sabre - pissed down our entire stay, and it was a great place to hunker down and feed two grumpy kids some awesome comfort food while I had a rather nice beer and they got some screen time on a tablet while drying out :love:

Last edited:
Any of you been to Nola? Trying to look at places we can't readily get around our way in deepest darkest north wales and we're fans of Southern food after our visit a few years back to the Louisiana area

Any of you been to Nola? Trying to look at places we can't readily get around our way in deepest darkest north wales and we're fans of Southern food after our visit a few years back to the Louisiana area
Oh, I didn't realise Banyan had closed. Nola doesn't really look Cajun on the menu. I do miss the Old Orleans chain. It has Lamb Kofta and Teriyaki Salmon lol. I can't see any blackened dishes - especially steak, or pop corn shrimp.

Oh, I didn't realise Banyan had closed. Nola doesn't really look Cajun on the menu. I do miss the Old Orleans chain. It has Lamb Kofta and Teriyaki Salmon lol. I can't see any blackened dishes - especially steak, or pop corn shrimp.
Oh, it's a small plate restaurant. The monk fish is blackened. I would go to the Tapas restaurant next door.

Oh, it's a small plate restaurant. The monk fish is blackened. I would go to the Tapas restaurant next door.
Aye it was the gumbo and jambalaya that was pulling me in along with a couple of the drinks (Sazerac and Hurricane), I think they made an attempt with the crayfish but you know they're going to be the tiny efforts that you can hardly taste going down rather than the huge bowls of crawfish you get over there. I'll take a gander at the others and see whether the Mrs bites on any of them. Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom