I'm hunting boars!

Gairdner said:
NotTheStig said:
Is this worth considering? I know almost nothing about brushes and another shaving soap and stand seems too good to be true really? http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=271658245221&alt=web

Very much so - yon's a great wee brush. All depends on the seller, of course.

As to the best Omega, I'd plump for the 20102. That is, of course, if I hadn't hand-carved my own handle from Ash and inserted a large Omega boar knot......

8641871879_7e2eb63547_z.jpg

Used it this morning in fact.

Nice handle Graeme

Re: RE: I'm hunting boars!

pablo85 said:
Well the 98 is working out just great!! Face lathers a treat, my only slight niggle is the handle feels a bit cheap but it is amazing cheap brush!

I thought the same about the handle.

It comes apart. I snapped off the top half and filled it with plasticine. It is the perfect weight now and feels much sturdier.

What are those professional shape handles like for face lathering? I love the way they look, but isn't the shape intended for a barber to slap it on someone elses dial rather than for someone to soap up their own mug? Be interested to know how folk find them in use long term.

PhilD said:
What are those professional shape handles like for face lathering? I love the way they look, but isn't the shape intended for a barber to slap it on someone elses dial rather than for someone to soap up their own mug? Be interested to know how folk find them in use long term.

My favourite boar is a Rubberset 4 with original knot - I don't think you can beat the shape and the knot is superb and getting better.

UKRob said:
PhilD said:

My favourite boar is a Rubberset 4 with original knot - I don't think you can beat the shape and the knot is superb and getting better.

I agree - although not quite the same, i have a custom 400 with a 24mm boar knot from TGN - only boar i have liked so far. :D

I used a 98 for over 2 years, best brush I've ever owned. I pif'd it when I bought a rubberset style custom from Braveblades, the alloy handle is a thing of beauty, however I made the mistake of having it fitted with a TGN 27mm boar knot. The TGN knot is coming out and an Omega 98 knot is going in.

The softness of tips combined with the chuck norris hardness that the 98 provides is epic...

BigBoar said:
I used a 98 for over 2 years, best brush I've ever owned. I pif'd it when I bought a rubberset style custom from Braveblades, the alloy handle is a thing of beauty, however I made the mistake of having it fitted with a TGN 27mm boar knot. The TGN knot is coming out and an Omega 98 knot is going in.

The softness of tips combined with the chuck norris hardness that the 98 provides is epic...

This is an original Rubberset.

Hey Rob, that is a gorgeous brush. The one I got from Braveblades is most definitely it's equal (handle wise). I prefer a real stiff knot. The TGN one is a bit soft.

I have to make this clear, the handle is epic!

BigBoar said:
Hey Rob, that is a gorgeous brush. The one I got from Braveblades is most definitely it's equal (handle wise). I prefer a real stiff knot. The TGN one is a bit soft.

Dude - no need - I'm pleased you like the handle. I hope you're successful in finding the correct knot for it.
:D

BigBoar said:

Please don't think I'm stirring anything - I posted that to show the original knot - not the handle. He knot is probably over 50 years old but is one of my favourites. It gets used at least weekly.

Rob, never any doubt! The brush you have is my holy grail.

I didn't mean to cause any ructions, I just wanted to say BraveBlades handle was excellent but TGN's boar knot was a bit soft.

NotTheStig said:
Am I missing something with these? Omega White Handled Professional Boar Hair Shaving Brush https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000CB8Q4Y/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_Se5Aub0BFJ87M

Ahahahahahahahahaha! So cheap, I bought three......

Ultra soft, Martian green back boar bristle from the slopes of Mount Olympus?

Back
Top Bottom