I Coloniali Mango Discontinued!

Well, why are we calling it soap? :)

As I see things, I think that we got used in calling soaps stuff that we need to load with a brush and creams stuff that we might need to smear on our face or on the brush.

I can't tell. They are calling Cella a cream too. As far as consistency goes, they feel like creams. I mean, there are cosmetic creams that are harder than my shaving soaps.

To be honest, I wouldn't go so crazy for I Coloniali being discontinued. Williams is got discontinued too, like 4 years ago, and again last year. But they probably had few thousand pucks laying around. People were buying buckets of that stuff when the rumor got out. The guy that had the idea to "discontinue" Williams should get an award.

Palmolive got "discontinued" too in the UK, as far as I can remember. Few months, a year ago.

I know that I Coloniali was doing pretty good. At least, there were people buying it, and it was getting good reviews. They might come with a different package, they might want to sell their terracotta things faster, maybe they have some creams that want to get rid of, who knows... I think that they will keep making and selling shaving soap at some point.

I ordered a spare puck because I think it's a great soap and my existing puck is getting low. Although I'm not sure if I will use the brown ceramic bowl again because it's so small and difficult to load from. I might grate it into a larger dish.
Actually, I could have waited until May for the New version but hey-ho I really like the performance and scent of the original and there's no guarantee that the new version will be better. If it is I may have to acquire the new one too :)

Good news if true. My info came from the same office as The Garden's info. I could be that in it's current form it's discontinued, but that's really unhelpful.

This thread, raised back in 2016, provoked me to order 2 pucks of the I Coloniali Mango soap. The two pucks have sat, sadly disregarded, in my shave den amongst other neglected soaps for nigh on 5 years. I did remove one puck from its packaging and I have to say it didn't inspire confidence - in appearance it was not dissimilar to a small brie round. Last week I decided to pop it into my Seaforth mug, pair it with my Omega Mixed Midget and give it a go. To say that my passive reluctance to use this soap was misplaced would be an understatement of a significant magnitude. What a performer. Thick, creamy, slick, protective, easy to lather. Scent is growing on me. I can only say that puck number 2 will not sit unloved for another five years.
Anyone out there still got any in their armoury?

Back
Top Bottom