How to protect a Schick injector while travelling?

Your prototype has more than just potential. I like it. I've got no experience with 'leather work', but I'm intrigued...
I have been doing various forms of basic leather work for a few years,I always wanted a GOOD quality belt,as I got sick of buying £10-£30+ plus ones that only lasted a few months before they started 'twisting'!.It costs £60+ for a handmade belt,and even then,they use 'supple' leather,usually about 2-3mm thick.I thought bugger that,and bought a 5mm butt leather blank,and all solid brass HD fittings,and the rest is history!....LOL!
And no,it has still has not 'twisted'....

I have been doing various forms of basic leather work for a few years,I always wanted a GOOD quality belt,as I got sick of buying £10-£30+ plus ones that only lasted a few months before they started 'twisting'!.It costs £60+ for a handmade belt,and even then,they use 'supple' leather,usually about 2-3mm thick.I thought bugger that,and bought a 5mm butt leather blank,and all solid brass HD fittings,and the rest is history!....LOL!
And no,it has still has not 'twisted'....
Same here but now I've lost weight (5st+), I'll need to make another for myself. I've got a 6mm thick 1 3/4" wide brown buffalo blank and a heavy duty stainless buckle all ready to go, just got to extract the digit....:rolleyes:

Your prototype has more than just potential. I like it. I've got no experience with 'leather work', but I'm intrigued...
Viewing that design and its apparent effectiveness, I have but two words - market cornered....:D

I dabble in a bit of leather work so I doff my hat to the good Doc in appreciation of such a neat, simple and effective solution. Looks purty posh too....:cool:

Thanks for all the positive feedback guys!.
It has now been stained,waterproofed,and polished.Just got to wait for the press studs now...

HgVm3hT.jpg

t0DvrRv.jpg

PQ8NeaL.jpg

RatdZsv.jpg

PTqYDx7.jpg

Hi DocT

If you have any inclination to produce these for sale, I'm definitely in!

Great ideas possess the virtue of simplicity.

I suppose I could....The next attempt will be better than this one,as I didn't sand down the recess at the top enough (hence the cut marks).
I will PIF this one,as I don't/can't travel....But I do like a challenge!...LOL!.

Last edited:
@D.T - don't you think this should be a riverrun PIF as he inspired you to create this marvellous protector?

Maybe the gannets will stay away and leave Andreas as the only PIFee. Can only hope!

Back
Top Bottom