How to protect a Schick injector while travelling?

Here's the thing: When travelling I can put a DE razor minus the blade in my wash bag and nothing will happen to it. If I'm paranoid or if there is blade in it I can use one of of these.
A Schick injector always has a blade in it and I'm worried that the blade might get damaged. I'd love to have a blade guard for Schick injectors, but I believe such a thing does not exist. Or does it?
On my last holiday I wrapped an injector in bubble wrap and put it in a small cardboard box. That worked, but was not pleasing. What are you gentlemen using for this purpose?
I'm actually considering designing my own injector blade guard and have it 3D printed, depending on costs...

A plastic guard from a Cartridge Razor usually fits them with an elastic band to hold it in place...o_O

Billy
Good idea, my good Sir!
Let's have a look at the three models I have:
Wilkinson Protector: nope...
BiC Metal: hardly...
Gillette Guard: Bingo! If the blade guard was a slightly different shape, it would stay on without elastic bands.
If I go the 3D printing route (because it intrigues me to learn about it) - this thing is a starting point.
Now I know why it is called the 'Guard' :p

Or I could get my act together and get one of my C-Types restored... The ultimate travel razor.

I put mine in the small zip compartment of my washbag along with a mirror of similar dimensions to the pocket. The razor sits against the mirror on the flat surface and can't really budge anywhere to get damaged.

man_with_handbag_-_donnie_miller_flickr_zpsvaqovsac.jpg

The Chick bag for the Schick ...:p

Billy

Back
Top Bottom