How To Make and Use Your Own Shave Oil.

I seem to have upset someone - sorry :(

Aromatherapy isn't govourned by the European cosmetics regulations, but cosmetics most certainly are. That means that they have to be certified as safe by a properly qualified cosmetic scientist.

Most (if not all) cosmetic scientists will work to the IFRA standards - easily found at ifraorg.org :)

I haven't read through it for a while, but off the top of my head, I think 5% EO is pushing the limit for a wash off product. The limits for a leave-on product are considerably smaller. Any particular blend of EOs may also cause concerns about one or more specific sensitisers/allergens being at particularly high levels. That's where cosmetics assessors earn their money - and they are worth every penny.

I was serious when I said I was concerned for Professor Blighty's skin - I am. Please consider diluting any shaving oil you currently have to reduce the potency of the EOs.

I haven't been on this forum for long, but I've found the peeps here to be very friendly and I couldn't sit by and see bad advice on home formulation without saying anything.

Please have a go at formulating your own products if you want to give it a go, but please do it safely. ;)

Artisan :)

Please don't patronise me like that, it really isn't necessary.

It's not a case of having a go at formulating my own products at all, I have been making and using these products for years, knowing they are perfectly safe.

And there is no need for you be concerned about my skin at all, thank you very much!

I'm scared now. I was going to make this, but I'm too ugly to risk melting my face… :(

So, is it safe to make and use? *Runs away*

Lipsy

Yes, it's perfectly safe.

If you're at all unsure, just add a smaller amount of eo. say 3-4 drops of each type instead of 10.

Everyone is different, but I've never had anyone say they had any kind of reaction. Remember you're only using enough to cover the surface of a 5p piece, and massaging it well in.

Let meknow how you get on.

Professor Blighty said:
Please don't patronise me like that, it really isn't necessary.

It's not a case of having a go at formulating my own products at all, I have been making and using these products for years, knowing they are perfectly safe.

And there is no need for you be concerned about my skin at all, thank you very much!

Honestly, I do not think you have anything to fear, I trust you with my skin more then myself after using your products :D

Back
Top Bottom