How to create more 'bloom' in a cheap brush...

So far I've not found a brush that I like as much as my synthetics, which sort of puts me off spending the kind of money you need to to get a really top-notch badger in case I still prefer the synthetics. Then again, maybe with a really high-end brush I'd like it. Decisions decisions...

So far I've not found a brush that I like as much as my synthetics, which sort of puts me off spending the kind of money you need to to get a really top-notch badger in case I still prefer the synthetics. Then again, maybe with a really high-end brush I'd like it. Decisions decisions...
Just out of interest, What non synthetics have you used?

So far, Omega 49, SOC, Semogue 610 (boar), New Forest Tubby 2 two band, 30mm Whipped Dog silvertip, Simpson P8 Phyll best badger. Of the boars the 49 is my favourite, but I'm considering buying the Proraso brush which is a larger knot and shorter loft so it should be denser. The Tubby 2 has marvellous density and good backbone but the tips have a little scritch. The Whipped Dog feels lovely and soft but could use more backbone. The Simpson has perhaps the best all-round face-feel but it's not big enough.

My favourite is my 25mm EJ synthetic, it has wonderfully soft tips, good backbone, and holds a bucket load of lather.

Back
Top Bottom