How many brushes

Ok then...

• Gairdner 'New Century' Barbershop style in Ash with 27mm Omega boar
  • Gairdner 'Albion' pedestal style in dark Beech with 26mm grade A TGN silvertip
  • Simpsons Colonel X2L in best
  • Coates Fitzwilliam in pure
  • Omega 20102 boar
  • Vulfix 404 'Bodger' mixed badger and boar
  • Semogue 1470 boar
  • Vie-Long 12705 in horse
  • Omega 346235 in synthetic
  • Omega large boar knot removed from a red '49

I also have two badger knots on the way from the States, one from TGN and the other from WD. I'll be keeping the one from TGN which will go in a brush handle for myself - eventually. The other is being held back for a certain gentleman of this parish. There is another Omega boar knot which will soon be fitted into a handle for yet another member of this fine forum.

The Vie-Long will donate its horsey hair a carved handle and be set at a lower loft. I really like this hair - yes it's scritchier than most badger grades but is better than pure and whips up a fine lather. A lower loft will sort this fella and it will make a nice rustic brush.

Dipesh, post a picter if your Simpsons collection as I feel the need to droooool!

Graeme the Gairdner (who has more brushes than he realised) :D

Gairdner said:
Ok then...

• Gairdner 'New Century' Barbershop style in Ash with 27mm Omega boar
  • Gairdner 'Albion' pedestal style in dark Beech with 26mm grade A TGN silvertip
  • Simpsons Colonel X2L in best
  • Coates Fitzwilliam in pure
  • Omega 20102 boar
  • Vulfix 404 'Bodger' mixed badger and boar
  • Semogue 1470 boar
  • Vie-Long 12705 in horse
  • Omega 346235 in synthetic
  • Omega large boar knot removed from a red '49

I also have two badger knots on the way from the States, one from TGN and the other from WD. I'll be keeping the one from TGN which will go in a brush handle for myself - eventually. The other is being held back for a certain gentleman of this parish. There is another Omega boar knot which will soon be fitted into a handle for yet another member of this fine forum.

The Vie-Long will donate its horsey hair a carved handle and be set at a lower loft. I really like this hair - yes it's scritchier than most badger grades but is better than pure and whips up a fine lather. A lower loft will sort this fella and it will make a nice rustic brush.

Dipesh, post a picter if your Simpsons collection as I feel the need to droooool!

Graeme the Gairdner (who has more brushes than he realised) :D

I would love to post a picture of them all but they come out in small rotations and are not on display.

It would take ages to unwrap and wrap them back up!

I think it may be more than the 35-37. I have a few Somerset/carter brushes in there and don't know if they make up that number or not.

I think I have too many so I'm going with 35ish.

Not to worry, Dipesh. :D

You are the owner of a Simpsons forest!

I'll be adding a Simpsons Boar to my little lot when they are launched.

Lose the beard said:
Only 27 for me.

11 Simpsons
7 Rod Neep
2 New Forest
and a few others

It's a bit heavy on Simpsons at the moment so I need some others to balance it out a bit.

Love that Rover, the Duke 3 too, big fan of the Colonel and don't you have some lovely Neeps? By the way, is that no less than three JEC custom handles I spy there?

Gairdner said:
Love that Rover, the Duke 3 too, big fan of the Colonel and don't you have some lovely Neeps? By the way, is that no less than three JEC custom handles I spy there?

Yes indeed, 3 JEC handles. There are a few brushes missing which need to be added to the collection, Semogue, Omega, M&F etc..

Vulfix 404 - came with starter set
NEw Forrest 2204 - my first 'informed' purchase after joining this forum - love it.
A Muhle(?) travel brush - cant check which one, its on the boat.
A strange looking one - short boar(?) hair with a red plastic base that came with the travel set.
A Kent synthetic arrived this morning
A Coates Fitzwilliam is on its way

So, six; but I've only been doing this hobby for a month!

Only 4 at present - 2 New Forest brushes (2213 silvertip and Tubby 2 in 2-band), a Vulfix Grosvenor handle with a TGN 2-ban fan-shaped knot by Bill Jack, and a Muhle Silvertip Fibre 22 mm. I'd like to get one more when funds allow, and wil probably opt for a Neep silvertip in plain resin - I'm not a fan of coloured handles for some reason.

Still on my first and only brush (still pretty new to DE wet shaving), a New Forest 2204. Brush works very well but I need another one so I can make a comparison!

Some amazing collections BTW. Loving all the Simpson brushes.

Fellonblackdays said:
Do you own? I own 1 but I imagine there are some impressive collections on here.

I own circa 50 badger brushes, but have a pending order for 5 Simpsons.....

I hover around the 50-60 mark of badger brushes.

I don't own any Pure Badgers......I focus on 2-Band Super, 3-Band Silvertip badgers.

However I do own one mixed badger and boar - the Semogue LE 2012 brush.
I mainly buy custom made brushes, made to my custom specifications by either Lee Sabini (M&F), Mark from Simpson, Bernd from Shavemac or I custom order through sellers that have personal contact with Thäter, Semogue & Vie Long to get brushes that suits my preferences :icon_razz:

If you guys want to see HUGE brush collection get hold of Dr. Peter from Holland or Ben from Australia - they own over 100 badgers.......

Anwar said:
Still on my first and only brush (still pretty new to DE wet shaving), a New Forest 2204. Brush works very well but I need another one so I can make a comparison!

Some amazing collections BTW. Loving all the Simpson brushes.

No! Save yourself before it's too late. You have one brush that you like and does the job. Buying another will only cause you to buy another and another and another - in the interest of comparison, equality, etc.!

chrisbell said:
Only 4 at present - 2 New Forest brushes (2213 silvertip and Tubby 2 in 2-band), a Vulfix Grosvenor handle with a TGN 2-ban fan-shaped knot by Bill Jack, and a Muhle Silvertip Fibre 22 mm. I'd like to get one more when funds allow, and wil probably opt for a Neep silvertip in plain resin - I'm not a fan of coloured handles for some reason.

Interesting point. Ivory is by far the most popular colour.

Oh, oh, added another......

One of these:

2204.jpg

But then it is my Birthday.

After this one and one of the new Simpsons pure bristle brushes when they are launched, that will be my brush buying over.

I will carve handles and fit knots for any others but I felt I just had to own a New Forest Brush as it is a TSR rite of passage. I intend to use this beauty for the St. George's Day shave.

Mind you, I still have room for a vintage butterscotch - does it ever truly end?

Back
Top Bottom