How many brushes do you own and use?!

EJ Medium Best.
T&H Wellington Ivory Medium (Rooney).
NFSB 2201.
Duke 3 Best.

The EJ was my first brush and although it has been relegated to the bottom, if all my other brushes can reproduce the indestructible service that this brush has given to date il be more than happy.

In fact it would be the brush id recommend to anybody just starting and not wanting to break the bank, I can count on the fingers of one hand how many hairs have shed from this brush since new.

The Duke has been my daily work horse since acquiring it and after having some initial problems with shedding it has settled down nicely. Seems quite capable of withstanding the general daily abuse I put my brushes through.

Which means the NFSB2201 and the T&H just sit on the shelf really, just waiting for a few more to join them. :hungrig

The Body Shop synthetic - Was for travel and emergencies, now the kids use it when they play shave.

Wilkinson sword boar - Bought as a stop gap brush. Manages to be both scratchy and floppy at the same time. Waste of money.

Omega No. 81230 pure bristle - Still breaking in, but so far so good. This will be my regular use brush and a worthy replacement for the Men-U PB.

Frank Shaving Best Badger - A brush for me to try badger at a bargain basement price. Will get the odd outing.

I'm currently a one brush guy. It's a beejay custom brush with butterscotch handle and TGN Silvertip knot (22mm knot, 51mm loft). Does the job excellently for me, and looks wonderful.

However, I am also looking at the Simpsons offer from Badger and Hone at the moment. As a cream-using bowl latherer though, I'm not sure which one to go for. Any ideas?

aberimp said:
I'm currently a one brush guy. It's a beejay custom brush with butterscotch handle and TGN Silvertip knot (22mm knot, 51mm loft). Does the job excellently for me, and looks wonderful.

However, I am also looking at the Simpsons offer from Badger and Hone at the moment. As a cream-using bowl latherer though, I'm not sure which one to go for. Any ideas?

As a cream/bowl latherer your 51mm loft silvertip is just fine if you just paint on your lather. But if you also enjoy a bit of scrubby face massage and or some lathering with circular motions you may enjoy something with more backbone and a slightly shorter loft. And there are plenty to choose from.

just two for me:

-tweezerman pure badger
-New Forest 2201

The latter is a superb brush, and as many have said already, all the brush I will ever need. Excellent backbone yet soft at the same time. Gets a great lather going from soaps, and today i'm going to give cream a shot :)

Fido said:
aberimp said:

As a cream/bowl latherer your 51mm loft silvertip is just fine if you just paint on your lather. But if you also enjoy a bit of scrubby face massage and or some lathering with circular motions you may enjoy something with more backbone and a slightly shorter loft. And there are plenty to choose from.

Cheers Fido. I shall bear that in mind when looking at which one to get. But then I guess your New Forest 2211 would be a great contender as my next purchase when it is released? Or I could buy two brushes...hmmm.... :lol:

Anyway, I'm beginning to go a bit off topic...

I have the following:
Boar:
Omega 49 Pro
Semogue LE 09

Badger:
Neo Custom 2 band
Fido 2201

And a MEN U boar used for travel.

Generally alternating between the 2 badgers at present.

hunnymonster said:
Even Colin's got one - a limited edition Red Cross Special... mind he's had to have his house burned down to get it :lol:

And don't forget Beryl the TSR cleaning lady. Fido made her a special multicoloured one.

14470_179751181484_636991484_3481699_6111202_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom