How many brushes do you own and use?!

npinn001 said:
Good to hear, i started to panic given i have gone from 2 up to 10 over a period of time, and im meant to be cutting down the stash ready for moving.

But 10 seems about right......

I culled the herd recently. Then bought a couple more.

Several!

Semogue 1250 - Boar - very good esp. with soaps (Konstantinos - you've made a good choice there :) )

Vulfix 404 Mix - truly the brush for all seasons, for the price from Diamond Edge you would be mad not to get one!

Vulfix 2190 - Pure Badger - Travel brush with tube (under £13 from Diamond Edge) - perfectly acceptable.

EJ Best Badger (Small) - truly a pocket rocket, sheds a bit but lathers like buggery - my first badger (in hind sight should have maybe gone medium :| )

Simpson Commodore X1 - latest and greatest, bought from B&H and in the bedding in phase currently, neverthless - impressed so far :)

Like razors, if i wouldn't use it - I wouldn't buy it

The future? Maybe a New Forest, maybe a Duke/Chubby - dunno!

Probably won't be a FS though - Brand snob! Moi??? :oops: ;) :D

moodymick said:
...Semogue 1250 - Boar - very good esp. with soaps (Konstantinos - you've made a good choice there :) )

I debated on it for few days before purchasing. You know how it is when you're addicted... Was between that and the 2000. The added weight of the 1250 won, I think it is 20gr heavier. Gives me more confidence in my choice that you confirm it's that good. :)

moodymick said:
...Like razors, if i wouldn't use it - I wouldn't buy it

The future? Maybe a New Forest, maybe a Duke/Chubby - dunno!

Probably won't be a FS though - Brand snob! Moi??? :oops: ;) :D

My sentiments exactly.

I tend to switch my brushes in sets, I usually have about six in play at a time and stick with these for while then go swap them for different ones from the stash. I think I own about 25ish and there is a couple that I do not use, these are new and I kept them for trade fodder later, the rest of them do get used in rotation.

It takes a while to get round them all but I do really enjoy the variety that different brushes give to the shave.

audio 25 brushes :shock: ill be happy with one, the wife moans about the fact i have 5 de razors all in rotation 4 straights in rotation plus 5 on show in my new cabinet in new newly decorated bathroom, oh and a put off goo i just serimoniasly binned :lol:

Finest Silvertip
Vulfix 404 Bodger (mix)
Omega 10005 (boar)
Semogue 1305 (boar)

All get a regular rotation, although the silvertip has been neglected recently as the others are reasonably newly acquired and the boars have only just been broken in. The silvertip is back in rotation now and dwarfs the boars!

"In Rotation":

• BOAR:
      • le Tuft Urban Hermit Model No 1 'Resyke'
        Omega Pro 49
        Semogue 2000
        Shaving Shack/Vulfix (ShacFix??) Old Original No 6[/list:u][/list:u]

BADGER:
          • le Tuft Cobalt Blue SuperBadger[/list:u][/list:u]

HORSE:
              • Tezimel Anonymous(?)[/list:u][/list:u]

SYNTHETIC:
                  • Gold & Chocolat (EJ/Vulfix PL??) Shave & Protect
                    men-u premium syntetico[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

... and a handful of no name, undocumented cheap badger & bristles, accumulated mostly as FreeBaytes which are not "In Rotation".
                    • What's that add up to? about 8 brushes in service.[/list:u]

To be quite honest, right now my le Tufts are taking almost all of the attention at the moment, and not just due to New Toy Syndrome (to the best of my knowledge).
                        • They are just great to use - thanks again beejay![/list:u][/list:u]

I've tried lots but I'm down to just three "keepers":

Vintage Simpson Eagle (butterscotch, bought BNIB/NOS for a fiver, still wrapped in tissue paper, scented and with the pre-decmimal price in pencil on the box. Also it fits in a chrome travel tube. Sheer class.)

Vintage Culmak (butterscotch, best badger, another fiver off the Bay. Surprisingly good: nice and stiff, with enough backbone for soaps.)

Fido's New Forest jobbie - truly amazing, just a great bit of kit. Basically a Simpson at a third of the price.

All used in rotation week on/week off to allow them to dry properly and to get me in the feel of each (also I tend to shave two days out of three, so it's only four "uses" in a week.)

I own 5 and generally use 4 of them.....

No Name Badger Brush
Semogue 2015 Silvertip
Semogue 1305 Boar
Vulfix 404 Mix
Omega 20102 Boar "The Beast"

I use the Omega least because its just sooooooooooooo big. However I really like the look and feel of it.

13 :roll:

been using my Shavemac a lot lately as i've been mostly using creams throught the summer

404 bodger and Semogue 1800 usually get a regular outing

I have two.

- Wilkinson Sword Boar
- New Forest Superior Badger 2201

Since the Fido came the WS hasn't seen the light of day :oops: although I'm sure that will change before too long. The Fido is all the brush I'll ever need, and a revelation after the WS. So I don't need anymore. I have no interest in a new quality boar brush. Even if they are cheap. All this talk of Omega's and Semogues is of no interest to me, none. :roll:

I give it two months max. Maybe less. ;)

Back
Top Bottom