Hone Type 15a

I guys and buyers,
i have choosed the type 15a black as christmas present because i was deeply attracted by his elegant and clear shapes but also for the high quality informations on the web site about the razor: his construction, the material, geometry.. (it's not a common aspect in other vendor) and indicate the passion of his manufacturer for his work.

to have the razor in the hands may confirm the absolutely quality of this product and its construction and the uniqueness and beauty of its shape, there is no other razor like this i think.

Feeling: for me this razor is in the middle between a merkur 37c and the Edwin Jagger. it's a little bit more "aggressive" than merkur 37c but much less than the Edwin J.

But at the end i have used it for two weeks (10 shaving) and after i decided to resold it because the friction, between the head and the skin, is too high. The feeling of this head during the scrolling it's completely different from other razor that have a mirror finish.
This means that during the scrolling you have the impression that the cream\soap is too dry whereas is the friction too excessive.
I don't know if depend from the satin finish or for the alluminium, but i have tried the razor it with differents blades (feather, astra, 7 o'clok, kai, wilkinson, bic, sputnik etc) and creams\soaps but nothing is changed. The impression is that the head makes too friction with the skin. i use more razors, also bakelite, and about this aspect the type 15a is the worst.
During the shaving you feel the need to make pressure on the handle to obtain a good pass.

Used the above razor yesterday, I mean that very razor and found the angle spot on, three passes and one happy chappy. Previously had the brass but found it too heavy and too mild, so sold it to a member of the forum.
This version is great, the blade had been used once and overall I am delighted with the results so the adage YMMV springs to mind.
Many Thanks Olaf once again.

Back
Top Bottom