High Street Gear

Hiya doin Paul,

Mr Ebert (long E) was a famous tv show movie critic, paired with Gene Siskal. Probably about the earliest series of that topic and originating from Chicago I believe. Plenty of their reviews online I'm sure.

Can't remember how I knew of his affection for shaving crap but it did surprise me a bit.

Glad you found it a good read.

Martin

I never knew Ebert was a shaving enthusiast.

For those who do not know about him, he is regarded as the greatest film critic of all time.

First film which came to my mind,

He writes beautifully.

Saw this today for first time. Anyone tried it? The soap is £5 on its own without the bowl. Bowl looks nice though!!! I couldn't get a look at it cause its sealed in a box.

Saw this today for first time. Anyone tried it? The soap is £5 on its own without the bowl. Bowl looks nice though!!! I couldn't get a look at it cause its sealed in a box.
M&S stuff is usually decent quality. Have tried their balms before and they’re very nice indeed. Not tried the soap though, and with the bowl looks very tempting!

I can't remember exactly but I think someone here bought the soap and it didn't lather well. Looking at the ingredients list and it looks like one that is heavy on the sodium compounds without any potassium ones, which is often a sign the soap will produce a lather that will dissipate.

I can't remember exactly but I think someone here bought the soap and it didn't lather well. Looking at the ingredients list and it looks like one that is heavy on the sodium compounds without any potassium ones, which is often a sign the soap will produce a lather that will dissipate.
Yes it's REALLY similar to the Bulldog one which doesn't bode well lol

Had a few hours to kill in a shopping centre today, so decided to see what I could find.

Bought this lot. All under £3 each.

20230527_190533.jpg

Was also WS soap and blades and Brut AS, but I already have all of those unopened.

Old Spice AS for under £7, and Tabac AS we're both available, along with The Edger DE razors and various cheap brushes.

Not too bad....

Back
Top Bottom