Hi from Altrincham

Hi guys - I'm just getting into wet shaving and have read a lot of good advice on here, thank you. just like to say hi and that i will be spending quite a bit of time on here, i'm sure.

I've ordered a Merkur 38c (red handle), a medium E&J BB brush and a tub of TOBS avocado. oh, and some proraso AS splash and a block of alum - i think i'm going to need them :D

they should arrive today and i'll keep you posted on my progress :)

happy shaving everyone

I'm green already! Where did you get a red Merkur 38C? Just love mine but thought I might like a posher version.

I digress.

A warm welcome.

OK. seen the red Merkur on Amazon.

I'm showing great restraint. For now.

thanks everyone, glad to be here

and fido - i got the 38c from the gentleman's shop . very impressed with the service too, i might add. i placed the order yesterday on-line and within an hour i had confirmation of it being posted by courier, so i should get it today :cool:

bring on the weekend :shave

ETA - you all probably know what it looks like, but just to tempt your resolve ;)

MK38131RED_s.gif

thanks and the nickname derives from another passion of mine - collecting fine knives. the bulk of which is made up of spydercos.

i hope that wet shaving doesn't lead to an aquisition disorder of similar proportions, although i have been warned that it may :lol:

Thought that might be it. I don't have any Spydercos (or a significant knife collection) but it's a subject which has interested me for years. Perhaps you should obtain a straight razor or two...

RAD - so it begins :D i think i already have SAD, but i get the feeling i'm in good company here ;)

i saw the *most* gorgeous japanese straight on a forum recently :cool: maybe one day. but that would have to be used, unlike my knives - all of which are safe queens, except my UKPK which is my EDC.

what knives have you got?

Mostly old Sheffield penknives: small vintage slipjoints are my thing. I got a Boker Warcom recently thinking it'd be a nice, unthreatening, practical keep it in your pocket and forget about it sort of tool, then found out that the law had changed. :cry: I have been known to make Scandis too.

Back
Top Bottom