Hello

King C has shaved fine for past few months rotating it with the semi slant, found both work well with nacet blades, semi slant also with derby premium. Much prefer the 3 piece razors compared with my old TTO parker.

Didn't have much fun with astra and treet stainless just didn't feel right. Have a tuck of feathers to rotate in at some point.

Fancy a change and something that I can still use daily but not quite as mild as the king c as I've quite a coarse bears to get through. Semi slant is handy when it's a couple of days growth

Seems more the 34c is a sensible choice to start with then, thanks all

Hello & welcome to TSR...The Muhle R89 was my first DE razor along with the Merkur 34c., both are superb razors. My humble advice is practising your technique & gaining shaving confidence is the key to good shaving results. As already suggested by @Blademonkey the Muhle R41 is another wonderful choice, once you've practised your technique. It's a much more assertive razor than both the R89 & 34c but delivers superb close shaves. Aggressive razors pair well with mild blades & vice versa. Regards- Barry.(y)

Last edited:
Yeh I agree with technique. I have stuck with the same kit for a few months then rotated in the semi slant. When I get a bit more time I have a rolls razor that needs dusting off as well

Happy enough with blades soaps etc as went back to what I used previously. Try and keep it simple with 2 soaps, 2 blades and one brush, rest is down to the operator then

Seems the muhle range of razors is a good place to start, no harm in trying a couple out!

Thanks again

Hi there @DRJC
and
welcome dracula GIF

Check out any PIFs and
King C has shaved fine for past few months rotating it with the semi slant, found both work well with nacet blades, semi slant also with derby premium. Much prefer the 3 piece razors compared with my old TTO parker.

Didn't have much fun with astra and treet stainless just didn't feel right. Have a tuck of feathers to rotate in at some point.

Fancy a change and something that I can still use daily but not quite as mild as the king c as I've quite a coarse bears to get through. Semi slant is handy when it's a couple of days growth

Seems more the 34c is a sensible choice to start with then, thanks all
Good choice, can't go wrong! :)

Paul.

Hello & welcome to TSR...The Muhle R89 was my first DE razor along with the Merkur 34c., both are superb razors. My humble advice is practising your technique & gaining shaving confidence is the key to good shaving results. As already suggested by @Blademonkey the Muhle R41 is another wonderful choice, once you've practised your technique. It's a much more assertive razor than both the R89 & 34c but delivers superb close. Aggressive razors pair well with mild blades & vice versa. Regards- Barry.(y)
Some great advice given as always B.

Paul.

Some great advice given as always B.

Paul.
Thank you, Paul. We all overlook and ignore the importance of learning Shaving technique and gathering shaving confidence when we first switch over to traditional wet shaving, and like everyone we are far too eager including myself expecting too much too soon from this wet shaving hobby/pastime of ours and become obsessive to achieve a BBS shave each time we shave, and when this isn't achieved, we point the blame on the razor or blade, when 99% of the fault is the inexperienced shaver. The R89 & 34c helped with my technique & shaving confidence immensely to further myself to know how to approach the assertive, but superb Muhle R41.

Last edited:
Thank you, Paul. We all overlook and ignore the importance of learning Shaving technique and gathering shaving confidence when we first switch over to traditional wet shaving, and like everyone we are far too eager including myself expect too much too soon from this wet shaving hobby/pastime of ours and become obsessive to achieve a BBS shave each time we shave, and when this isn't achieved, we point the blame on the razor or blade, when 99% of the fault is the inexperienced shaver. The R89 & 34c helped with my technique & shaving confidence immensely to future myself to know how to approach the assertive, but superb Muhle R41.
Indeed B, spot on.

Paul.

Well the oh has decided to buy me a merkur andome bits as a present so I'll stick with what I have for a while yet, although I quite like the look of the Pearl Blaze (purely aesthetics) linked earlier on . I have not came across one before, anyone used one or offer an opinion on how it compares? Thanks

Well the oh has decided to buy me a merkur andome bits as a present so I'll stick with what I have for a while yet, although I quite like the look of the Pearl Blaze (purely aesthetics) linked earlier on . I have not came across one before, anyone used one or offer an opinion on how it compares? Thanks
Voilà

Back
Top Bottom