Hello

The Edwin Jaeger was already on my radar so may as well start there
Here are some good starter options for you. Connaught have free shipping if you spend over £30. I've also put a blade sample pack link in this post which you could add to the Edwin Jagger - there's some of the best blades in that mix.

Here are some good starter options for you. Connaught have free shipping if you spend over £30. I've also put a blade sample pack link in this post which you could add to the Edwin Jagger - there's some of the best blades in that mix.

Looks like I've got some good options there. Merkur and ej seem most appealing. Toss a coin I think!

Welcome. +1 on the Tech. I think I paid about £12 including shipping from the minefield that is ebay. The hazard in buying a Tech is way less than when you try to score a straight razor off there. I would recommend looking in the BST section regularly to see what people are moving on from here, as we're a fickle but fastidious bunch, so people are often buying things to try and then moving them on, but will usually look after them and not attempt to pass on a razor with a bent guard bar, for example.

Welcome. +1 on the Tech. I think I paid about £12 including shipping from the minefield that is ebay. The hazard in buying a Tech is way less than when you try to score a straight razor off there. I would recommend looking in the BST section regularly to see what people are moving on from here, as we're a fickle but fastidious bunch, so people are often buying things to try and then moving them on, but will usually look after them and not attempt to pass on a razor with a bent guard bar, for example.
I have bought some very dodgy razors from eBay, some even described as new or used once turning up covered in dry lather and rust marks! I hope it was rust...

Also if you fancy the vintage route
you can get a cheap as chips Tec

I have been looking in to vintage stuff, bit of a minefield to understand what I'm buying. Need a bit more research I think !
Gillette Tech mate, there’s a few different kinds but all shave wonderfully well.

Buy the way some might disagree with me but the
King C Gillette from the supermarkets are a perfectly acceptable shave & the blades were ok too

Back
Top Bottom