Hello and Welcome

Hi everybody just seen this after I posted a hello on the welcome page. Ah well I should read stuff before I submit stuff. I am looking forward to reading and posting on a forum that doesn’t kick me for stuff that I think should be said.

Exile

philamac said:
Can some one clarify if farting in mixed company is 'gentlemanly' or not? :lol:

I once passed wind in mixed company and the woman next to me said " Anthony - I thought you were a Gentleman ".
To which I repled " And if you were a Lady you would not have noticed"
This is not anecdotal - it happened.

SirPrize said:
I once passed wind in mixed company and the woman next to me said " Anthony - I thought you were a Gentleman ".
To which I repled " And if you were a Lady you would not have noticed"
This is not anecdotal - it happened.

I would probly have resorted to type: 'Better out than in, luv!'

Hey Philamac, good to have you here.

Hope you're keeping well. Thanks for the prayers.

As for passing wind, I'm a shocker. But I heard something recently: "If you don't keep trying to win her you'll lose her" which actually made me think. So now I'm trying to treat my wife of 14 years a bit more like a girlfriend I'm trying to impress. Not too much (still want to be honest and comfortable) but it was a reminder not to take her for granted.

Ollie

Been married nearly 6 years but been together closer to 15. I still take the time to notice that she makes an effort to look nice for me (and herself) and I do compliment her on it. Now and again we go out for a nice meal or for a drink and I try to act like a gentleman and it is almost like going on a date. It does keep the fires burning so to speak.

Boab said:
Hello and welcome to the shaving room.
Yes, Hello :shy: I've been on Badger & Bade for some time. There are many very enthusiastic people, but it is a very american site too, so - I'll try something closer to DK, OK ?

Im going to reserect an old thread.
After the last few days and the departing of old friends and the begining of new ones.
You all need to read a few pages at the start of this thread, ill apologise for some of my posts, i had a drinking problem in the early days.
This brings into line what our humble abode is and was and will be again was all about.

The memorys of the early days.

Live love and above all be happy.

Colin

Just had a quick read through. Everyone seems extremely excited to have escaped from B&B. I've read bits and pieces about the problems there but don't really know the full story. Reading that was like joining a film half way through. I know whats happened, sort of.
Whats was CONUK?
Im going to reserect an old thread.
After the last few days and the departing of old friends and the begining of new ones.
You all need to read a few pages at the start of this thread, ill apologise for some of my posts, i had a drinking problem in the early days.
This brings into line what our humble abode is and was and will be again was all about.

The memorys of the early days.

Live love and above all be happy.

Colin

All bst was conus only so we never got a look in we had our own group on there forum con uk. Never understood really, but it was like our way of chucking it up them. Someone with a lot more brains than me will explain.

Last edited:
Ah okay, good enough explanation, how gentlemanly of you ;)

CONUS, a technical term used by the U.S. Department of Defense, General Services Administration, NOAA/National Weather Service, and others has been defined both as the continental United States, and as the 48 contiguous states.The District of Columbia is not always specifically mentioned as being part of CONUS.

OCONUS is derived from CONUS with O for outside added, thus referring to Outside of Continental United States (OCONUS).

Thank you wiki

Back
Top Bottom